Chapter 2

Being at Amo Di Sirsa's house for a gala on my Friday night is not how how I wanted it to go

Being at Amo Di Sirsa's house for a gala on my Friday night is not how how I wanted it to go. In fact, I came home with plans to have a date with a glass of whiskey but no. The moment I got through the door, of my own house, a suit was shoved into my hands and I was ordered to go upstairs and change.

So here I am.

I've scanned the party and the only interesting looking person is a tall blonde woman who I've never met before. She's lurking by the buffet table, her gaze sweeping over the ballroom. I decide to go over to her, see who she is you know?

"Hello beautiful"

She raises a unimpressed eyebrow and drawls "Is that all you can come up with?"

I wink seductively at her, a move that normally makes woman fold instantly, and say "I can come up with more when Im inside you sweetheart."

My eyes narrow when she starts laughing quietly "Oh god, your the funniest person here." She gives me a look "Don't worry, its not personal. Maybe next time compliment her dress"

I look at what she's wearing, a long red dress that's almost moulded to her. As if its made for her. A red hair band sits elegantly in her styled blonde hair.

"Im guessing you like red?"  I almost tease and she smirks.

"Oh I love the colour red. Especially blood" She purrs and my eyebrows raise in surprise.

"Oh? So you like killing then?" She gives me a dark smile.

"Killing people is easy. Making them suffer is an art." She says smoothly, giving me a very cryptic answer. She then starts walking away.

"Do I get a name?" I ask after her but she doesn't respond, simply slipping out of the ballroom.

So strange.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I just met the weirdest woman." I announce when I get back to the people that are closest to what I would call friends.

"Oh yeah? Do tell us all about it." Giulio's flat voice sarcastically asks. Leo shoots him a annoyed look. 

"Ignore him. Tell us." Leo almost demands.

"She just said the strangest thing."

"Like what?"

"I asked her if she liked killing, and she answered, Killing people is easy. Making them suffer is an art."

Giulio and Leo exchanges a look "What?" I ask.

"Its just someone we used to hang out with used to say." Giulio explains. 

"What? Who?" Giulio glanced over to where Danilo Artino is holding court. Hes so fake. I've always refused to work with the Artinos because they are so fake.

"Have you ever heard what happened to Lavinia and Sergio Artino?" Leo pipes in.

"No. Who are they?" I ask confused.

"Sergio Artino, was the brother of Danilo Artino, he was the head of the Artino Mafia before Danilo. Danilo took over after Sergio's death."

"How did Sergio die?" I inquired.

"Him and his wife, Lavinia, were killed by assassins in there home over 10 years ago." Giulio begins "They had a daughter, Alessia. Alessia wasn't there. They searched for years but she was never found so they presumed her dead."

"What does this have to do with mystery girl?" I interject and Giulio gives me a look.

"That's the quote Sergio and Alessia Artino always used to say. Its a old black widow quote. You know, from the comics?"

"Im sure its just a coidence" I start and Giulio smirks.

"It might be but if it is her then she would be helpful to our current mission."

I blink confused "What?"

"Nero Vitali grew up in the Artinos house, like a foster son. Nero and Alessia were close. Very close."

"So if we get her to help us..."

"She would be able to convince Nero to work with us." Leo finishes "Oh that's smart."

Giulio shrugs arrogantly, smirking "Im a very smart person" He drawls and Leo snorts.

Giulio glares at Leo then turns his attention to me "Go get her." I blink confused.

"What?"

Giulio gives me a look "Your so stupid today. Go get Alessia. Kidnap her, drag her, I don't care. Just go get her."

"Alright, alright." I mutter and make a beeline for the door she left from earlier. I see her walking quickly up the corridor. That was easy. I get the knife from my thigh holster out and creep up on her. I put the knife by her throat as she's about to open a door and she instantly goes still.

"Im sorry but I have to do this."

"Oh I know." She mutters and elbows the knife from my hand. She throws a punch to my face, surprising me. 

I stamp on her foot making her curse "Bastard!"

She comes from behind me, jumping on my back?! She try's to twist my neck with her thighs but I manage to flip her to the floor, I put my finger on a point of her neck making her go unconscious immediately. I audibly groan.

She definitely not a normal girl. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yay chap 2 already!

Nico likes her already!

Hope you enjoyed.

XoXo Liv