" I know, I just wish he would stop seeing me as if I'm some helpless little girl, I'm 18 ". I whisper to him.

 " Oh come on Nova don't be like those girls thinking they could be all tough and all now that you're 18. If it wasn't for Lark where do you think you and your sister would be? ". 

 I frowned as I turned my head looking straight ahead to where my sister and Lark held hands and smiled at each other. 

" I'm always going to be grateful but I just can't help feeling this way ". 

 I turned my head to look at Dice again but he just nodded his head and continued walking. We walked for almost three miles before we made it back to the brick house. It's been our home for about 4 and half years now. Safe and secluded in the deep wooded area. Safe from the Jagers. Walking up through the gate Morrison opened up to let us in and up the walkway to the front mossy building with a few broken windows. I was the first one in and up the stairs to the attic. Which is considered my room now. I took my bag off and tossed it on the chair next to my drawer. I sigh heavily, and before I make it to my bed someone comes into the room. I look towards the door and see my sister. I ignored her and turned to lay down on the bed staring at the ceiling. 

" I know what you are going to say ", I mumbled. 

" I wasn't going to say anything. I just wanted to see if you were okay?".

 I looked at her face for any sign of judgment. I saw none, matter of fact all I saw was concern. 

I sat up and said, " You do know you don't have to worry about me. I promise ". 

The corner of her lip curled up a bit as she said, " No matter what I always worry about you and not just for safety. I know this is not the life you or anyone should live in ". 

She tucked a piece of strand of hair behind my ear and looked at me smiling. Then as quickly as the smile came it was gone. Nyx retreated her hand but I caught it before it was gone and held her hand gently in mine. 

" Mom would be so proud of you, you know? ". " How would you know you were like 4 when mom left? ", she awkwardly jokes. 

I don't remember much about that night, but I know it still terrorized her that she couldn't do anything to help mom. I didn't say anything and just pulled her in for a hug. 

" I love you Nyx and I appreciate everything you do and sacrifice for me. I know you were a child as well when it was just you and 4 year old me " I say to her. 

She smiled at me and then said, " Come, let's go eat ". 

Getting up we walked out of my room and down the stairs coming face to face with Letta and Gwen.

 " Hey what's wrong?", my sister asked Letta, who had a concerned face. 

" Nothing, Gwen has been on edge ever since we encountered that Jager early. She thinks we are not safe ", she said looking down to Gwen and then back up to my sister as if to confirm that we are in fact safe.

 Nyx crouched down to Gwen level and spoke softly to her. 

" Hey, we are safe, Ok, I promise ". 

Nyx gave her an engouring smile and stood up to continue walking towards the stairs to go eat. 

" Hey! I'm going to look for Dice. I'll be right down okay? ", I exclaimed. 

She nodded and continued going down. I turned around and headed straight to that green chipped door to the far left of the hallway. The door slightly ajar when I softly knocked and went in to find Dice standing by the window. He didn't turn around but just kept staring out into the field and trees. I walked towards him with soft steps. When I reached him I snaked my arms around his waist from behind and rested my cheek against his muscled back. He tensed for a second but then relaxed immediately. We stayed in silence for what felt like forever but was really only two minutes. He spun around and hugged me back. Resting his head on top of mine thanks to the height difference between us.