chapter 16

Dushyant stood at the center of the room in front of a whiteboard that reflected the light from the projector, flashing the laptop screen connecting to it, which was placed in a round table where many people sat with their laptops and notepads, along with certain files. 

"so, basically, if we look over the analytics from the last quarter..." initiated dushyant an explanation, as he pointed the powerpoint presentation screening behind him on the whiteboard, but was paused by a sneeze. 

"excuse me, uhh, so as i was saying..." attempted dushyant to continue his sentence left unsaid before, only to be interrupted again as he sneezed again, and left with a sore feeling in his throat afterwards. 

Everyone looked around awkwardly, as the man occupying the first seat spoke up. 

"uhh are you okay, dushyant?" he asked as he looked at dushyant head to toe, as dushyant nodded in agreement. 

"i'm sorry....uhm, i have a little cold that's all....anyways, sorry for the inconvenience, i'll continue...so as i was saying..." started dushyant with his presentation, a successful attempt overall, despite of a scratchy throat that led to dry coughs followed.

                                                                   ***

Kavin stood listlessly by the photocopy machine, waiting for the papers to come out at a glacial pace. He was bored out of his mind as he glared at the clock, it was close to struck to four and he couldn't be more relieved. 

His phone rang, as he picked it up excitedly, after looking at the contact name flash on the screen. 

"haan purvi..." answered kavin, a lot more happier than he was before. 

"photocopies?" asked purvi from the other end of the call. 

"bahaut bakwaas kaam hai yeh...i hate it.." grumbled kavin, as purvi couldn't help but chuckle. 

"chalo, shayad yeh tumhe interesting lage..." stated purvi, as kavin was all ears. 

"main aaj apna correspondence ka form bharne gayi thi and i have a huge booklist to get books from...so...maine paas ki ek market dekhi jahan yeh mile, and guess what!" exclaimed purvi, as kavin raised his brow perplexed. 

"your story is really becoming boring...." remarked kavin, as purvi rolled her eyes. 

"wahan ek japanese restaurant hai...aur woh ek sushi meals ka happy hour kar rahe hai...the prices are insane...so..." informed purvi, as kavin smiled happily. 

"you remember?" responded kavin, as he chuckled while shaking his head. 

"of course. so, kab aaoge?" asked purvi, smiling as well. 

"bas, ek ghanta, files set karke nikalta hoon...phir ghante mein ghar..." informed kavin, collecting all the paper from the copier. 

"ok then, i'll be ready, see you soon." hung up kavin on the phone as he left the copy room in a jiffy, happily. 

                                                                 ***

The security guard entered inside a cabin, where dushyant sat on a chair behind a desk, before he placed a blinkit polythene on his desk. 

"aapka order..." stated the guard, as dushyant thanked him, before he opened it up to take out a cough syrup, while the guard left. 

He was quick to drink up from it, as he rubbed his throat which still felt sore. He reclined his head back on his chair, as he massaged the temple of his aching forehead, when he was interrupted by a phone call. 

"hello..." replied dushyant in an exhausted tone. 

"dushyant, please diapers lete aayenge aate hue..." stated ishita from the other end of the call, as dushyant just nodded. 

"hmm.." replied dushyant the only one he could mutter. 

"gala zyada kharab hogaya? aapko bhukar toh nahi haina?" asked ishita in concern. 

"thoda sa hai, don't worry...paracetamol toh khaa li thi, bag mein hi padi thi..." informed dushyant, as he clearly didn't look well. 

"dushyant, aap theek nahi lag rahe hain, ghar aa jaiye...rest karna chahiye aapko..." suggested ishita, worried. 

"nahi...chutti bhi kar chuka hoon pehle kuch, halfday bhi le rakha hai...bas kuch aur ghante ki baad hai, don't worry.." assured dushyant. 

"theek hai, chaliye diapers main le aaungi, aapke liye dawayi ke saath, aap bas araam kijiye aake..." stated ishita, as dushyant just nodded in agreement.

"theek hai, but ek kaam karo, jia ko dusre room mein shift kardo aur vicks rub karke solana cover karke...uski immunity kam hai kaafi, kahi woh infection na catch karle mera..." instructed dushyant, as he sneezed loudly at the end, making him take out his handkerchief, as he cleared up his phlegm. 

"acha theek hai, par khayal rakhiyega, mile toh adrak chaye lele..." stated ishita, as dushyant hung up on the call, making her sigh in disbelief.