2 - On the way home

✦ .  ⁺   . ✦ .  ⁺   . ✦
Before we could reach the army of soldiers, I gently pulled Kit to the stables. "What are you doing, sweetie ?" He  laughed; "Just picking up my friends, my dearest" I smile at him and walk into Major's stall. Major instantly recognized Kit and reached to nip at his clothes, and my boyfriend, now that we're officially courting, didn't mind at all; and did nothing to stop Major. He didn't care of the damage that would be done to his clothes, and when I brought it up, he merely shrugged and said "I'll get them washed and fixed, besides Major is probably smelling this" he pulled out some sugar cubes from his pocket and handed them to Major, "They were for Apollo but he already had some, and him and this big guy will have to learn to live together soon anyway." While he bonded with Major and set him free from the stable, I led Bruno to where Kit was and gathered all of my mice friends in a basket. Kit had Major all saddled up by the time I got back, He hoisted me up onto Major by my waist and when I was sturdily on, his hand traveled to my cheek and cupped it. I hold the basket close to me and loop Bruno's leash on my arm as Kit led Major out of the stables and into the daylight, straight to his soldiers .

"Gentlemen! I found her!" Kit announced joyfully to the soldiers, who cheered and bowed their heads. Apollo approached Kit and he got on quickly, holding my free hand in his, waiting for a few soldiers to ride ahead before we followed. We rode side by side, remains of our first meeting still hung in the air, we exchanged smiles the entire way, knowing that our futures are forever intertwined. Bruno walked between both horses on the way to the castle; Gus Gus, Jacqueline, and the rest of my mice friends sitting comfortably in the basket sitting on my lap and being held in place by my right hand when I'm not guiding Major. I catch a glimpse of Kit looking back at me, which he has been doing often; "What is it?" I ask, smiling "I'm just so glad I found you, and it never occurred to me that one day I'd ride side by side with you with half a farm." I let out a laugh, and he chuckled, his gaze never wanting to leave me; nothing but pure love in his eyes, I return the gaze.

Soon, We reach the castle, it's much more beautiful than what I remember. Kit led Major and I to the stables, while still on Apollo; The stables were spacious and each stall warm and comfortable, I know Major will be more than alright here. Kit puts Apollo in his stall and makes sure he's comfortable before helping me put Major in his; and when Major is cozy in his stall, Kit's arms are wrapped around me and I follow suit. He cups the back of my head and the small of my back, I wrap my arms around his neck, "my beautiful, beautiful Cinderella" he whispers in my ear. " My wonderful, wonderful Kit" I whisper back, He pulls me even closer; "May I kiss you?" He breathes, I nod with a permanent smile until it was gladly interrupted by his lips resting against mine. I sank into the kiss and practically melted in his arms, his grip around me being the reason why I'm still standing. His lips leave mine when the need for air turned too great, he kissed the back of my hand, "Allow me to escort you to your new home, my lady" he beamed. I smile back and take his arm for him to guide me back, "You're so love sick", "maybe I just love you" he whispers with a smile gracing his lips; "maybe I love you too" I respond and kiss his cheek, it floods with pink when my lips lose contact with it.

We head inside and I stop by instinct when he leads me to the west wing, he turns to look at me, confused.

"What? What is it?" He asks, concerned

"This is the West wing. Only the royal chambers are there; no commoner is ever allowed in, they're private."

He smiles gently and patiently, "Yes, my love, but you are not a commoner anymore; we are courting now so I wish for you to stay as close to me as possible. Consider it king's orders." He winked, I giggle and rest my head on his shoulder and give up any resistance as I let him lead me to my new chambers. He opens the door for me and my breath catches in my throat as I walk inside, taken aback by the beauty of the room.

A beautiful pale cream color coated the walls, gold details gracing every surface, beautiful white and gold furniture beneath a crystal chandelier, a spacious and cloud-like bed in the middle of the room.

"It's beautiful" I breathe
"I only want the best for you, darling" he responded, brushing a fallen strand of hair from my face. "I have handmaidens ready for you, they'll wait on you hand and foot. Please have dinner with me, there are gowns in your closet and make-up in your vanity, your handmaidens will be here soon."

"Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, Kit"

"Anything for my love" he caressed my cheek and looked into my eyes lovingly, I couldn't help but return the look and lean closer. He immediately kissed me. I giggled into the kiss, wrapping my arms around his neck, he pulled me closer by my waist and I felt him smile against my lips. He backed me up until my feet hit the foot of the bed, and then flipped us over. He fell back onto the mattress and pulled me down with him. I yelped and fell on top of him before we burst out in laughter. I feel the velvety softness of the duvet cover, I haven't even felt a bed I wasn't making in years. Kit looked at me, in love and curious all at once, "what are you thinking about, my darling Cinderella?". I immediately realize my relief to touch a bed was evident and I wasn't ready for that conversation just yet, so I sidetracked "Actually, my nickname is Cinderella, my real name is Ella" I gently corrected. His brows furrowed at the prefix 'Cinder', "Why the nickname?"  He asked. I cup his cheek, "I'll tell you later, love".

Before he could ask why, my assigned handmaidens came into the room, curtsying before Kit and I. We quickly stood up and greeted them.

"My love, these are Elanor, Catherine, and Ana; your handmaidens to help you with whatever you need and anything you ask of them."

I curtsy as a form of respect to them, "Pleased to meet you" I returned the smiles they gave me. Kit leaves as soon as we are all introduced but not before leaving a lingering kiss on the back of my hand, to help in the kitchen to prepare our dinner.

"Could you please help me to change out of this and into something appropriate for dinner with the king?" I asked gently. "Of course, your grace" Catherine responded as they all bowed and dispersed around the room. Elanor showed me to the bathroom where all three helped me clean myself off from the dirt and grime from the life that doesn't belong to me anymore. Ana led me to the closet and instantly found a beautiful dress fit for the occasion, "the lilac color will help your eyes stand out, and the flowy design is perfect for the dining room or for the gardens if his majesty so desires to take you there". Catherine and Elanor took me to the vanity as soon as Ana finished helping me into my dress. Elanor focused on twisting my hair into a complicated and elegant half-up half-down as Catherine orchestrated the whispers of brushes against my skin, delicately and beautifully l doing my make-up. The Ella staring back at me in the vanity mirror was a completely different woman than the Cinderella I met in the mirrors of my father's home.

"Thank you, it's all really lovely" I thanked my handmaidens,

"It is our pleasure, your grace" Elanor responded as she opened the door for me to go and meet my king for dinner. I took a breath before stepping out into the hallway, heels clicking against the marble floors.