Chapter 9 - Escape

Start from the beginning

He even knew that was a stupid idea, but it was worth trying. The bear gave him a slap on the face triggering some springlocks, he closed his eyes trying not to cry. He didn't need to show his weakness. He didn't need to show his weakness. He didn't need to show his weakness. He didn't need to show his weakness. He didn't-

Jack was seeing the scene on the exit door and couldn't resist it anymore.

He said to Dee that she needed to run towards Peter's car (yes, they left with that without his premission) and grabbed a crowbar it was there, he was lefting them hurt him.

The purple man resisted the pain meanwhile his counterpart screamed at him how dumb he was, how he was a poor excuse of a 'human'. How he tried so hard to be something he could never be.

He would keep saying the insults that Dave had always heard since he has memory if it wasn't from a springlock sound that make its present (and it wasn't from his suit)

He opened his eyes and his jaw dropped, the orange male hit with a crowbar the bear triggering the springlocks, making him bleed and with the little voice he had cursed him and fell down surrendering.

Jack took off the purple man's mask carefully, unscrewing the springs the best he could. It hurt a bit but he resisted because it was that or ending with the same fate of the corpse he had in front of his eyes.

A voice got him out of thought "Are you alright?" It was an obvious question, but he had to make sure he didn't receive another damage. The other rodded his eyes "Don't ya' see it's just a lil' scratch? I had suffered worse things." He was about to complete the sentence with a 'like getting burnt alive, twice' or 'performing a surgery on me without knowing me'

But this wasn't the moment.

The orange man decided not to say a thing, maybe because it wasn't a simple scratch and it was a dangerous wound, and continue to take off the suit even if Dave reassured him he could do it alone.

He didn't mind the attention, actually, he liked it, but he felt a bit useless for not being able to even do that.

In the end, they put the other Dave's corpse on the suit and under the table and left running with Dee, surprisingly Henry didn't came to check on his dearest new toys but maybe he deep inside knew they escaped.

They weren't staying to find out, they got on Peter's car and drive towards the Kennedy's residence without saying a word.

...

It has been a week already, yes, a week since his siblings.... And Dave... Left for searching Henry, and they didn't appeared. Peter was starting to become desperate thinking something happened to them.

Besides, if they didn't came back he would lost his car.

Anyways, the restaurant was ready to be show to the public, it was the new and improved "Fearly: Paradise of Pizza" that definitely wasn't a copy of Fazbender's, absolutely it wasn't.

The one choosing the name was Roger and he didn't knew how to feel about it, it's not like anyone had the force to be against it and create a better name, so, they worked with what they could.

It had 3 party rooms, a ball pit, an exclusive stage for the pair "Stella and Starlight" that shared space with the arcade, two offices (one for Steven and one for Peter), bathrooms, the cleaning shed, a kitchen and a giant Prize Corner where the two most 'important' employees worked. Besides a workers room, that could be considered as the new "Saferoom" that this time has cameras.

And if you're asking, yes, Peter's office is the only one who has doors because there wasn't enough money for more... Or that's what Steven wants to believe.