17. A PEACEFULNESS & PRIMACY OFFERING

Start from the beginning

"In what context?" queried Dzkk.

"Don't get smart. Where..." Duke waved his hands loosely above his head in a circular motion, "am I?"

"Locationally you are in Laniakea. Eastern edge."

"Mayall II Cluster, inside the Andromeda galaxy to be exact," interjected Sennai.

Duke's cackle laugh spat out.

"What the f... frick, is Laniakea?"

"Well, I was going to come to that. It's our home," said Dzkk, "it's where we all live. It just happens to be a very big home, full of lots of galaxies, many of which cluster together. Mayall II is one of those galaxy clusters and inside Mayall is Andromeda. Technically we're all in a Supercluster."

"A Supercluster," responded Duke flatly, saying a word he had never heard. "Hmm. A super... cluster. Nothing is sinking in since you fried my brain in that egg thing of yours. Tell me again... who are you?"

"We've covered that, I'm Dzkk, and..."

"I told you Foghorn Leghorn, don't get smart if you want my help. Okay, I'll try again... what are you?"

"Well, I'm All-Powerful."

"So you say. And what might that mean?"

"My home galaxy is Centaurus."

Duke shrugged, unclear of any reference. Dzkk's eyes flicked slightly wider, but he continued at a steady pace.

"I am from the Centaurian system, and they chose me as their All-Powerful representative. We're allowed one Senator and one All-Powerful per galaxy, and I am the 26th generation of Dzkk's to receive this honour for Centaurus. As an aside, it's coming up to the 600th annum since my API."

"Your API?"

"Ah sorry, my All-Powers Inauguration. It's a combination of ceremonies and aura-engineering whereupon my All-Powers are granted."

Sennai was quietly impressed. Perhaps this chicken-like creature could be useful to him somewhere down the line in attaining his Commodore status.

"Congratulations," Sennai suddenly put in, "I see it runs in the family."

"Why thank you, I appreciate the sentiment, Captain. In my family thankfully the genetics continue to work. It makes the aura-engineering and any associated ability-surgery far less complicated."

"Hello! Words and more words! Enough of the self-adulation guys," interjected Duke, "Just slow down to tell me, what kind of powers you mean by All?"

"Well, just about everything, within reason," shrugged Dzkk.

"Within reason? Okay, make my glass move."

Instantaneously Duke's water glass flew horizontally across the room and smashed into the wall. Thankfully designed to be unbreakable it fell to the ground with a thud and rolled to a stop in a circular motion. This disturbance stirred Taroooc as he sloped beneath the table. A faint groan issued forth.

"Impressive," stated Duke. "Okay next, sober up our friend under here."

"No. Let's just stop there for now Duke," ordered Dzkk, "Taroooc chose to be in that state. I cannot correct his mistake. All-Powers do not extend to the free will of lifeforms. Plus, we have more pressing matters."

Duke pursed his lips and shook his head slightly, seeming uneasy with the situation.

"So, what's this about a planet?" he countered, "and Captain Senna Pod here?"