Chapter 6: New Home

Start from the beginning

I stopped for a moment as I noticed a group of hunters, along with Aiden, carrying a large barrel of what I could only assume is some sort of Alcohol before stopping in front of me. "If you like the food here, Wait'll you have some of this."  Aiden said as he and the hunters set down the massive barrel. When I say massive barrel, I mean large enough to fit in my paw. Where they kept this thing, I have no Idea. I grabbed the barrel in my paw, and with my other, I poked the top with my claw and the smell that hit me was sweet. Almost like a fruit punch but with a stupid amount of Alcohol.

"Smells good, wonder how it tastes." I thought to myself as I drank the entire barrel in one go. "Holy shit! It's better than the food!!" I set the barrel back down and pointed at it, then to Aiden. "You want another one?" he asked amused. I immediately began to nod as he and the other hunters laughed before leaving to get another barrel. It went on like this all night, and I didn't think it was possible, but I drank so much that even as a multi-ton dragon, I had become excessively drunk. By the time everyone stopped, and I had eaten more than six massive platters of food and about 10 of those barrels, each one stacked next to me as I lay down flat on my side, multiple drunk hunters, including a wasted Leah, all started to lay against me, or on top of me, and began to pass out with me not far behind.

The next day

"God my head hurts." I thought as I slowly opened my eyes, my vision still slightly blurry. I began to get up, not noticing the ten people all on top of me before they all soon found themselves flat on their asses groaning as they were rudely woken up. "Sorry!" I thought as I picked them up and set them on their feet, a lot of them still dizzy and hardly able to stand. Leah, however, was still sound asleep on my head. Looking around, I noticed the large number of empty barrels next to me, along with most of Asteras inhabitants still knocked out while some began to drowsily wake up. I felt someone tap on my foot, and I looked down to find the hunter who grunted and pointed towards Leah.

I lowered my head and felt him jump up, before seeing something fall down Infront of my eyes and land with a thud and groan. "Did he just kick her off?" I looked down to the ground and say Leah sprawled out on her back with an angry expression and glare that could kill aimed towards the Hunter who was Laughing. "Man, this guy really sounds like a Viking with that laugh." I thought as he kept laughing, kind of sounding like Stoic's Laugh from how to train your dragon." I need to get that man to speak to see if he sounds like Gerard Butler, that would be sick." I thought as I raised my head and Leah slowly began to stand. "Good morning." she said to me while she gave the hunter a smack on the back of his head. we then sat and watched as Astera slowly but surely began to wake up and get moving again. The forge became lit, and the sounds of hammering began to be heard along with the sounds of voices as the TradeYard became a bustling hub once again.

"I see you three had fun last night." the Commander's voice sounded behind us. We looked towards him, and he continued to speak. "While I'm sure you would all like to sit for a while, we can't afford that unfortunately." He looked towards the Hunter and Leah. "I want you two to head out onto an expedition into the great Ravine, follow Zorah's trail and see what you can find." He then looked towards me. "I hope you don't mind, but I would like to have you stay here for a while so that our researchers can get a good look at you. They won't perform any thing that involves cutting or prying, I promise."  I thought for a moment before deciding it wasn't a problem and nodded at him. "Excellent, now, let's get moving, I expect to hear back from you two soon, as for you, just go towards the researchers and they'll do the rest."

Leah and the hunter then left towards the Ravine while I went towards the researchers who all stopped what they were doing as they noticed. my approach. The Chief Ecologist came towards me, his small stature making him tiny to me. "Ah Excellent, I see you willing to have look at you. Could you perhaps lower your head down a bit?" He asked in his grandfatherly voice. I nodded and lowered me to the ground so that he could look me in the eye. "Thank you, now let us get started, shall we?" He smiled and waved for the other researchers to come start jotting down what they could.