She'd never dared to talk to the girl for her own so when Mina sat down besides her and started to make questions she wanted to run, she wasn't used to the girl presence, at it didn't help at all that the Japanese girl was apparently a hugger, not respecting Chae's personal space often, which only made matter worse, she didn't hated hugs or a few stolen kisses here an then in the cheeks.

Sana was one of her best friends after all but she had know sana for over 5 years now, so it was a lot more different when a girl you meet a few weeks ago kisses you and hugs you, a pretty girl at least

"Ah chaengie. You're so soft and pretty, let's get marry!" Mina said, very excited while hugging Chaeyoung arms, the latter could only laugh between teeth.

She knew she was kidding, she had to be right?

Momo hadn't told her anything more than "She's just a new friend, oh and also a Japanese like me!" so she had no idea if she was straight or not

"she must be" she though "Mina it's beautiful, so maybe she has a boyfriend or whatever"

She was indeed beautiful, she knew everyone thought so, so then Chaeyoung was more than startled when Mina started talking about a date she had, with a woman, out of nowhere too, the cub couldn't help to ask herself is everything she knew about the girl was wrong.

It didn't take long to chaeyoung to feel bad about her feelings, Mina was nothing but nice to her and she had reacted wrong

So then she started to make it up to the girl, returning her hugs whenever she came closer, smiling at her when she made comments about how cute was Chaengie and how they should get married to prove to her how good of a wife she would be.

Soon they were talking on the phone, almost everyday now. Mina promised baking Chaeyoung some cookies for valentine's day to show how "good wife she is" cause that's other thing she started doing, Calling her "her wife"

Chaeyoung didn't mind, she tried to ignore the butterflies forming in her stomach at the pet name, reminding herself that "No, Mina is dating someone" and when Momo told her she was that way with everyone she understood with a little disappointment in her chest.

"She's a little weird honestly" Chaeyoung had said "She texts me every day and when i answer she stops responding, she even started calling me "babe" out of nowhere too"

"Well you know Mina, she has this thing with being affectionate to people" That didn't help Chaeyoung

"She even said she'd bake me cookies as my gift for valentines" The cub said casually, this time is different tho cause Momo didn't laugh or smile at this newfound information

"Look Chae, i know Mina can be a little to much sometimes but i really don't wanna see you get hurt again"

"You think she's gonna hurt me?" She said playfully

"I know she's gonna do it" Momo saw Chaeyoung's eyes, surprise behind them "She's dating someone, and i just wanna warn you before it's too late for you, she can be a very good friend but she's a terrible partner"

"Don't worry Mo, it's not like i'll fall for her. Im not ready after...what happened with Rosé, i just wanna spend time by myself"

"I just wanted to make sure you didn't confuse your feelings"

"I won't" She tried to play it off, ignoring the pang on her chest.

And Chaeyoung really tries, she still does all her usual stuff trying to keep herself busy and burry Mina at the back of her mind, she lost count of how many excuses she made in the past week trying to avoid the girl often opten to spent her time concentrating on her paintings.