〉 Let Me Fix It 〈

Start bij het begin

"Especially right where I am?"

His hand shot towards her quicker than expected. His fingertips felt like silk as they brushed her cheeks. Dae swept away a stray strand of hair from her face.
"The azure sea, colourful streets, golden sand, and... you. I admired it all. You completed the scenery. I could paint you together with it."

Carmina fanned herself with her hand.

"Feeling hot?"

"I..." 

But he didn't even wait for her answer. His gentle hand intertwined with hers, and they started running, no explanations, just pure adrenaline. Her loud laughter echoed through the colourful maze of the town.

***

The large bowl of ice cream topped with a juicy, gigantic strawberry landed right in front of Carmina. It smelled heavenly. Sweet syrup and vanilla seemed like a dream come true at that moment. She shoved a big spoonful into her mouth, moaning with pleasure like a little girl.
"U ant ome?" she mumbled with a mouth full of food.

"Don't speak with your mouth full."

"Oh, come on! Are you going to lecture me now?"

"You're eating like someone's about to snatch it away from you. You look like a hamster; your brain's going to freeze any minute."

She brushed off his jokes. All Carmina could concentrate on were Dae's lips. She chided herself silently for it, but she couldn't resist. Each time he took another bite of the sweet dessert, her gaze trailed the same path.

"Do you want to kiss me?"

To choke on a strawberry is like spitting out your own lungs. Carmina tried to catch her breath after being caught so abruptly in the act.
"No, Dae. I'm just learning to eat like a civilized person from you."

"Are you always this sarcastic?"

"You bring out the best in me."

Despite her sharp tongue, Daehyun also couldn't take his eyes off her. The setting sun painted the most beautiful colours on her carrot-like hair. Her freckles were like scattered stars, her lips covered in vanilla ice cream, she must have tasted better than chocolate. With one gulp, he drank half of his frozen coffee.

"Feeling hot?" she chuckled mockingly.

"What do you mean?"

"Why did we run here as if a herd of wild boars was chasing us?" She smoothly changed the subject.

Dae opened his mouth, but didn't manage to say anything.

"I just don't want any more excuses. You've taken up so much of my time that I think I deserve a little honesty."

She got her point. It was time for a little honesty. "I noticed the photographers, so before they noticed me, it was better to run away. I'm an actor, Carmina."

"Oh?" She didn't expect such a simple and honest response. Dae was gazing directly into her eyes. There was no trace of nervousness in him; his hands played leisurely with the ice cream cup, and he smiled softly. Well, Dae was so incredibly handsome that, of course, he could be an actor. He could be anyone he wished for.

"You must be quite famous, since paparazzi were chasing after you."

How to tell that his country has gone mad over him? That he is an idol with a line of admirers forming? How to explain that he can't even step out to the store peacefully without being swarmed by photos, flashes, questions, and screams? How to express that these are the first holidays in a very long time when he finally managed to escape for a moment? How to convey that the front pages of newspapers talk about him literally every day, and TV programs and movie productions are vying for his attention? It's probably best... not to mention it yet.