Chapter 5: Rescue and Respond

Azur Lane HQ

"A Distress Signal at this time?" Zack questioned Belfast with a raised eyebrow.

"Yes but I'm afraid we don't know what's their situation is or if their lost in the storm." Belfast responded.

"So you want me and a fleet to find this Distress Signal and figure out what's going on?" Zack asked Belfast.

"Yes. Your ship is fast and compatible in the stormy weather." Belfast responded.

"Okay but who's going with me on this Emergency Rescue Operation?" Zack asked again.

"Hornet, Northampton, Curlew, Cleveland, and Hammann will be with you on this mission." Belfast told him.

"What about me? My-" Enterprise ask them but was cutoff by Zack.

"Don't give me that Emergency Repair excuse. That is not how Military Naval Rotation works so stay here or we won't allow you to go on anymore Sorties." Zack warned her.

"But." Enterprise try to convince him.

"That's an order. Not a request. Belfast. Keep a eye on her once me and my group head out." Zack told Belfast before he put on his helmet and leave the room.

Belfast turn to Enterprise. "He is concern about you Enterprise. It's the reason why he's like this." She told him.

"B-but my sister." Enterprise try to convince her but couldn't find the words.

"Is in good hands. Zack has shown how capable his technology is and was able to defend Hornet's group before we arrived to assist them." Belfast reasoned to her.

Enterprise lowered her head as there is much that she can't do anything or be threatened with not going on anymore sorties if she ignores Zack's orders.

****

Zack's Fleet Group

Rain pours down on the group hard with choppy waves that slows them down a bit as they keep sailing forward.

"I can't believe I have to get wet again." Hammann complained.

"Consider this karma for leading Hornet's group to a alternate route that lead them to another Sakura group along with Iron Blood." Zack told her.

"That's not fair." Hammann argues at him.

"It is since you lead them through another route then the original one where Zack was going to meet you in." Cleveland added.

Hammann let out a small grumble of the response she got.

"Speaking of which. How did you convince my sister to stay back at the base?" Hornet asked curiously.

"My Captain back in my dimension always have ways to show discipline on the stubborn GOC members of different ships or they face the consequences. I picked up on it when I was still a ship." Zack responded to her.

"Sounds like he's a commander." Northampton commented.

"His family was part of the US Military so you know where he got it from as well as I did." Zack told her with a grin.

"You seem to learn from your crew back home." Curlew commented.

"Me and my crew develop a bond with each other during our time even if I was not human." Zack responded to Curlew.

Soon Zack spots the shape of multiple shapes in the distance.

"We got got contact everyone. Sirens. But looks like they've been tooken care of." Zack notified the group.