𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕠𝕟𝕖 𝕨𝕙𝕠 𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕡𝕡𝕖𝕕 𝕚𝕟 •ja morant•

Start from the beginning

We make our way inside and the smell of brand new flowers overwhelm my nose. I take a look around and quietly examine how much the school has changed in the week I haven't been there. It's both a pre-k and a daycare for busy parents. I hate that I have to work so much, but I want my baby to feel safe somewhere filled with people that look, sound, and love the same things as her. It's worth the 1k every month.

"Okay, there's your teacher and your class right there. Are you ready?"

She shakes her head and grips on to me tightly. The doors close and open again, making me turn my head as I see a tall, brown skin man walk in with a little girl. He's dressed in jeans, a sweatshirt and some fancy shoes I can't even say I recognize, while the girl is dressed in a baby doll dress similar to Ahvi's and some Jordan's.

"Look Ahvi, she has the same dress as you," I say, making Ahvi stuck out her head and look at the girl. She jumps up and down, smiling big.

"Hi," she yells over, and I notice that the man is dealing with the same circumstances of child attachment I am. She waves, and the little girl smiles big, returning the wave.

The guy smiles at me, and I smile back as my little bit runs over to them, pulling me behind her.

"Your dress is just like mine," Ahvi shouts, and the other girl giggles.

"We're twins," she shouts back. Kids are so beautiful and a breath of fresh air. I remember two girls had the same dress at junior prom and they both fought each other right on the dance floor over who looked better. Nobody cared but them.

"I know! We should match again tomorrow," Ahvi suggests and I stare down at my little girl being the social butterfly she is.

"Yessss!"

"Introduce yourself first, baby girl," the man tells the girl, his hands caressing her shoulders.

"Right! I'm Kaari," she says, pulling Ahvi in for a hug.

"I'm Ahvi," my baby replies, and spins in a circle with the girl as their dresses float up like princess dresses.

"That rhymes with my name!"

"Twins," they shout together.

"Class about to start, ma," The guy speaks up. "You know where Mrs Baham class at?"

"It's right there, Ahvi has the same teacher."

"Well aint that perfect," he replies, licking his lips. I would be lying if I said this man was not attractive, but he also looked familiar. I just can't put my finger on why.

"Y'all in the same class-"

"Yay," they yell in unison, and Ahvi pulls Kaari to the class room door without even a look back or anything. I look up at the man and we both burst out laughing.

"Kids," I say. "You gotta love em."

"No, for real," he says, not moving from his stance in the hallway. He towers over me, looking me directly in my eye. "I'm Ja."

"I'm Y/n," I reply, shaking his hand. "I have to get to work soon, so let's continue this conversation on the way back to my car."