You wouldn't even recognize me anymore

"How stupid can this guy be?" Chat Noir announced, his eyes fixated on the tv. "Listen to what she's saying, dude! It's obvious she's only with you for a green card, and yet your dumbass still thinks she's your true love! She's using you, man!"

Marinette giggled. "And what do you know about true love, Kitty cat?"

She peered out the side of her eye and caught the overdramatic huff and puff, as he prepared to lecture her in all things love and romance.

"Where do I start?" he said, lounging back on her bed (hovering a good couple of inches in the air) and crossing his ankles as his eyes flickered between '90-Day Fiance' and her.

She was currently sitting at her dressing table, looking into the mirror and getting ready for her college reunion. That morning, she'd visited Dominic for a touch up, getting her extensions checked over before being expertly placed into the puffiest ponytail she'd ever worn. It was so bouncy and fun, and luckily for her, Dominic gave her a step by step guide on how to do it at home.

To save herself any additional stress, she'd agreed that for this evening Adrien would be meeting her at the venue rather than coming to get her from her apartment. Nothing to do with him, but everything to do with her cat.

Since the screaming incident, Luka had been in extra defence mode, and with the appearance of this guy 'he recognised but could not place' he seemed to be checking in with her more and more frequently. She hadn't the heart to remind him Adrien frigging Agreste was a popular model back in their teen days and his face was plastered everywhere, including the billboard opposite his bedroom on 'The Liberty'.

Luka had also taken to trying to come around and check there were no cats randomly roaming her apartment. Quite comical really, as most times he interrupted her as she played Trivial Pursuit with Chat Noir (thank you, Tikki, for lifting the cards) or they were chilling, watching trash tv. Hello, 90-Day Fiance.

"Oh, come on, M'Lady, you know for a fact I'm all into romance. You can't say you didn't feel special when we were together. You don't lie in the throes of passion."

Marinette started laughing. She couldn't argue with that. He was single handedly the most romantic person she had ever met, including the fantasy characters from some of her special novels, which was just one of the many reasons why she loved him.

Over the past week, she'd grown increasingly more comfortable with the 6-foot-2 phantom cat living with her, their old relationship blossoming once again with ease. They'd been laughing and reminiscing over their time together, and Marinette found herself with a dull ache in her heart. She didn't want to lose him again, not since she'd only just found him after so long. More than ever, she wanted to know who he was and enjoy time with him – out of the suits.

But more importantly, thanks to his random knowledge of just about everything, for the first time ever they'd come second at the pub quiz...maybe with the addition of Adrien's help too. She'd felt awful for not inviting him. But he didn't know anyone, and she didn't want to just push him into a restricted evening with her strange yet wonderful friends. It wasn't fair on Adrien, or the gang. Maybe after tonight, and Adrien spending time with others in the group, it would be easier to have him tag along, to really integrate him into the gang.

She looked over at her partner and sighed. If only her partner was there – in the flesh – joining them too. "I wish I knew who you were. I've never wanted to reveal identities this much before."

"You're just saying that because you want to hug me," he quipped, throwing her one of his devilishly handsome winks.

Marinette laughed. "That and a few other things. I've really missed you."