Let Your Fantasies Unwind

Adrien packed his things from his father's office, making sure he had everything he needed before heading back to Paris, and walked over towards where his father was seated behind the desk.

"Is it alright if I head off?" Adrien asked. He was going to go anyway, but there was nothing wrong with being a little courteous – he knew his father would appreciate that.

Gabriel took his glasses off and placed them down beside his laptop, rubbing the heels of his hands into his eyes. "Sure," he said before placing the glasses back on and turning his attention back to the small computer on his desk.

Taking hold of his other bags, Adrien grabbed them and headed towards the doorway, only to stop and turn back. "I'm really proud of you for moving on, Father. I know it's hard, but Mother would have wanted you to be happy and we both know Nathalie will do that for you."

Gabriel sat still for a moment as though contemplating Adrien's words, before finally answering. "Thank you, son. The same goes for you too."

A quick smile, followed by an awkward wave, and Adrien was out of the door, suitcase trailing behind him on the smooth path of marble flooring.

He'd booked into a hotel not too far from the office, where he'd spend the night before venturing back to Paris that weekend. He'd managed to rent out his apartment to a colleague for the time being, making it easier for him to come back and grab whatever was left in his one-time home.

Stopping outside the Gabriel doors, he put in his earphones and selected Félix's number, beginning his trek to the hotel for the next couple of nights, bags bouncing around on their wheel behind him as he ventured up and through Covent Garden.

No answer.

Tapping his AirPod, he continued walking around the crowds and towards the hotel.

He couldn't have made it more than five steps when, suddenly, his earphones announced the arrival of an incoming call, his phone vibrating against his leg.

Chelsea.

She'd been angry with him earlier, but he knew it was more about what she was losing rather than who - exemplified by the fact that she'd announced to him it was Fashion Week coming up, and that now she'd look like an idiot not being on the red carpet with Adrien Agreste. Fashion week wasn't for at least a month, and he was certain there would be a new unwilling victim for her to drag down the red carpet.

He didn't get all this social media stuff. In all honesty, he hated it and stayed as far away as possible. He'd had enough of it all when he was a teen star.

When he'd walked out of her apartment that morning following 'the break-up', he'd made it pretty clear they were done and she was free to move onto one of her other men. The break-up had transpired from a mixture of things, not just the fact Chelsea wasn't 'the one' for him, but also that he wasn't the one for her. She wouldn't need Bruce from the gym, if that was the case. He'd never told Félix. He was far too embarrassed, and too caught up with proving the point that he could find a decent girlfriend. What a laugh that was!

With a sigh, he tapped his ear again and greeted his ex-girlfriend on the other side.

"Hey, Chelsea."

'Don't hey Chelsea me! Where are you?'

"I'm just heading to a hotel."

'A hotel? You need to come to mine, right now. We need to talk about this.'

"Talk about what?"

'Come on, Adrien. You can't just leave me! Not after everything we've been through.'