Chapter twenty three: The Big L.

"So

"So.. how are you?" Atlas asks sheepishly.

We were sitting on a bench near the library the next day.

"Better." I smiled at him, "pops would probably lose his mind over me being here, he studied here as well."

"What?" He asked, "I didn't know that."

"Yeah, that is why this is the only place I applied to." I told him.

In reality there was no other option, when it came time to apply to colleges pops explicitly told me that I would only be applying to UCLA and that it's a different experience all together.

"I'm sorry that I didn't tell you, and I'm sorry that I pulled away from you, I just thought that you might deserve someone better than me, someone who wasn't overcome with grief. I-" he stopped me mid sentence.

"Let me stop you right there, you are perfect, in all the ways of perfect you are the best type of perfect, and don't you dare minimize yourself like that again, I would have loved to be there with you through your hardest times but you weren't ready for that, and that's okay, I love you either way." He looked pointedly at me.

"You what?" I asked.

"I love you, January." He smiled at me, "you don't have to say it back or anything, but that's how I feel."

I smiled up at him, shocked.

I also loved him, there was no doubt about it but I'm just scared, what if he deserves better? What if we're just not compatible that way?

"Stop overthinking in that perfect head of yours, I love you and that is not going to change, you are the best person I know." He calmed my every thought without even knowing them.

I've been shocked into silence, now that's one sentence I never thought will happen.

"You are perfect." I looked up at him. "And I love you so much, but are you sure you want me? I'm still a bit of a mess."

"Baby, I am never letting you go." He kissed me.

Finally.

***
Hello my friends.

How are you?

I was just thinking about the fact that I was a senior in high school when I started writing this book and now I'm in college it blows my mind, mostly because I have the biggest writers block and I don't know how to get rid of it.

Anyhow, did you like this chap? Hope so.

See you later byeeee