The Viking And The Raven

The two had been sleeping on the cliff till the sun began to rise. A new day had dawned and a new story had started to be written. Viking had woken up at the sunrise and began training to fight a fight that had already been won. It was all he was used to from when he was in Purgatory. The Raven had remained asleep for a while until she was woken up by violent noises. She had heard violent rattles and grunts in the furthness of a distance. Lots of blood had shed onto the ground, and trails of it left behind. So she got up to see what has been going on, not realizing Viking was gone. She walked around the ground and wandered into a forest, where she found her husband beating rocks and trees. He was bleeding from his knuckles and had destroyed many pieces of the forest. It was something The Raven had becomed frightened of. But she didn't run and hide, she just simply walked to Viking and asked him what he was doing because she was confused.

"My dearest friend, what are you doing up here so early? You're wounded from your knuckles to your shoulders. What are you doing babe?"

"I'm training."

"Training?"

"Yes my Goddess."

"Training. For what?"

"My next fight."

"What do you ever so mean 'fight'? What are you fighting?"

"I don't know yet. All I know is a threat is gonna come, so I need to prepare for it and fight it."

"Why? There isn't anything out here to fight. We're out of that depth of hell. What must you be fighting for?"

"To prove my worth to you, of course. You're gonna want to see if I can be worthy to you of your love."

"But, you're already worth something to me. Why would I make you fight to prove your worth? Especially since there is nothing to fight!"

"There's always something to fight. All of my suitors had me fight for their hands, and each time it wasn't enough. So I must do it till my worth is proven to you, my Goddess."

"But I'm not your suitor, I came from this world. Not yours. You already are worth a lot to me!"

"You... Don't mean that do you?"

"I do! I genuinely do mean that. Come sit down with me and let's watch the sky!"

"I'm so used to it being the other way around... I don't know why."

The two of them had walked back to the cliff they fell asleep on. And they sat. The sun was shining high above them. So they relaxed in silence for a bit before Viking asked The Raven a question about her existence.

"So, what were you before you died and went into the purgatory?"

"I was once an ice princess named Eira. I was born December 21st, first day of winter. That's what determined me to be the ice princess. But before I could rule the kingdom, a war had begun with the fire kingdom. All of the elements had to fight against them, and I was tricked into falling in love with the Flame King. He poisoned me with a drink to make me love him. And when I refused to become his flame queen, and changed back into myself, he had enough of me and impaled me. He destroyed my garden of roses, and then took me into my sacred river to die. I died from being impaled and then got sent to Hell. Now I'm here."

"So, you're name is Eira? That's so pretty! What does it mean?"

"My name is no longer Eira. As I am no longer the princess of ice and snow. But death herself now. Eira means snow. It was the name special for me after I was born. Very rarely has an ice element ever been born, but now I'm gone. I am sent to find my vessel and bid her a proper goodbye, she's gone for good."

"So, what's you're name now?"

"Lenore Lenore. I'm now to be known as The Raven."

"Beautiful name."

"What about you? Where did you come from before you died and went to purgatory?"

"I... I never died actually. All I remember was I was taken from my parents by my father. He lured me into the forest and down into the rabbit hole. Brainwashed me into becoming who I am now. His heritage. But I didn't want to be that. Yet I didn't have a choice. But you, you saved me from this hell that kept me bound!"

"I just... I didn't want to be without you. The pain I was bleeding from the thoughts I had of you dying or not being here anymore, by my side, it burned my heart. For I'd die a thousand times over and over again for one hundred light years till I found you. You're my blood. I am you. You are me. We are in unison, I love you."

Viking teared up with her poetic jewelry coming from her words. For The Raven had finally admitted her burning love for him. After a thousand suns, hope did not rust! Love had found a way.

"My Goddess, you are an angel of diamond light. I've bled my heart out for years and years for love to knock on my door, and save me from the dead sea of flames I would've waited. It was painful and unbearable like no other light would come in. I am to rest into this world, I love you too my beautiful Goddess!"

"Once again, I am no Goddess, I'm just death. I'm the end of the runs that had come to, the bitter ending. One everyone must face."

"Only a Goddess could come back reborn from the death that had been brought into her life. No meer mortal ever could!"

He began to cry. Viking had never felt a beautiful love come into his life as he felt with her. All the pain had sheltered him from seeing the beauty of life he had never known. Had it come back to bleed him? Yes. Now he is free from the everlasting agony, and he didn't know how to react! So he wept below her and just fell into her river of love. The Raven had seen this, and rested his head into her hands. Quietly crying as well. The pain they had experienced was coming to an end. No words could truthfully explain this wonderous blood that had come into their souls. Fire had swallowed Viking for so long, and rivers had stabbed The Raven into oblivion for worlds unknown. They had to fight a fight for a round to never end. Now they could be free. Witness a beautiful moon to heal them both from the shackles of time. All is well in their souls. Their journey has just begun into this new light. The Raven only wanted to bring a cool warmth into Viking's life. They were both free. The rapture was for once over. So he rested his head into her chest. And she held him close. All the memories had begun slowly blackening as rain sheltered their hearts from all pain. They would forever be in unison.

"So, my Raven, you are my eternal shelter of the stars. Folding the blood I had lost in the ocean and breathing a broken catharsis where a shattered light could only exist. Emptiness had left me hollow, I bowed beneath the storm. And tore my heart apart just to survive. But where am I now? I don't know. I don't know this feeling I get. All I know is I love you with this warmth I'm getting. I cannot explain it well. But you are my Raven. And I wish to melt into your soul for millennia to come."

"My Viking, I ask of you to rest your head into me. Bleed the broken sorrow away into my chest. You're alive and breathing once more. I haven't felt a truth of swords in a million years. But we have risen above this dystopia and rebirthed into an eternal rain. You, Viking, I, The Raven, we're free from everything. The horned King will reign over you no more. You and I are forever free. I wish to bring a peaceful eternal snow into your soul for all eternity. I love you."

"Can I ask you another question?"

"Sure thing."

"Have you ever experienced this before?"

"What?"

Viking pulled The Raven down to his face and kissed her lips. It was a sealed love. Finally confirmed they were together for all eternity. They loved their hearts forevermore. Swallowed by the womb of death, born in the abyss, bleeding their opus, fighting no longer to be a bride, confessing their hearts, blood red tears, healing their song, the purgatory could no longer rule, Viking had forever returned to peace, and their breath of death was no more.
They were forever free, and in unison, all the more.