Chapter 5- Always.

Maeve paced back and forth Infront of the big double doors, she already felt Draco staring her down, she went to go in but something pulled her away, she could not do it, "Hey, Trouble. Are you going in or just pacing like a chicken?" Cami asked as she saw her face around the corner, "I can't! Draco is going to be so mad!" Maeve panicked, "Who cares? I do not see him getting on the quidditch team at 12." Cami spoke as she put her hand on the girls shoulder and crouched to her level, "Draco will always be in your shadow.. he will make it seem like the other way around, but it is not.. you are too good for him." Cami spoke, "Hes my brother.. Family means everything.. especially when you have never had a proper one.." Maeve told her, "Come with me." Cami said and held her hand out, Maeve took it.

Cami led Maeve around, "Your mother.. you never met her?" She asked, "Not really.. Voldemort killed her when I was only young." Maeve replied, "Mavis Black, right?" "Yeah.. She took my fathers name even though they never married.. for.. some reason." Maeve muttered the last part. Cami came to a stop at a glass trophy shelf. "Who's names do you see?" Cami asked, "Lily and James potter yes I already know James was a seeker for Gryffindor."Look closer.. and not at the gryffindor one." Maeve stepped forward she wandered her eyes before one came to her.. "Mavis.. My mom was a quidditch player.. she was Slytherins seeker.." Maeve muttered in shock, Cami smiled, "You have known who I was this whole time." The raven pieced together, "Not really.. But when Snape told me he put you on the team.. That is when I knew.. your mother was something special. You are too, even though they do not have the same reputation as the potters.. you are just as important as the little shit.." Cami told her, "Promise you will always be there.." Maeve said and looked up to Cami, the red head frowned, "I don't want to lose anyone else.. Not you.. Not Draco.. Honestly, you are the only one who has not looked ready to kill me since I arrived.." Maeve told, "You will always.. have me." "Whenever you need me.. Even if I am not always around if you even whisper my name.. I will be there.." Cami told her 

Maeve nodded with a smile, "Okay.." She muttered, "Come on, I am starving." Cami spoke. 

The two ended up in the great hall, Maeve looked at Draco, and the boy did not seem phased, "You will kick Pottahs ass next time." Draco said, Maeve raised an eyebrow.. what put him in such a good mood? Maeve filled her plate, and the dinner went smoothly. She had a free day tomorrow, sunday.. Maeve let her eyes wander, and they hit the blond. She looked at her. She needed to make it up to her.. she wanted to.. she was not a blood purist.. she did not mean to say it. She was just. Angry. 

-

After dinner, Maeve spent about an hour searching for the muggle until she finally found her outside reading under a tree. She walked over, "What do you want?" Ivy asked, not tearing her eyes from the book, "How do you know it's me?" Maeve asked, "Because you are the only one that keeps following me." 

Maeve sighed and sat down, "If this is about the mudblood thing, then i do not want to hear it." Ivy placed, "Its not." Maeve lied, "Go on." "Fine! It is! I just! I do not know why I said it! I have nothing against the muggles!"You show that well," Ivy snarked, "Listen.. I just.. I am sorry.. I really am, I regretted it as soon as i said it, and I have no idea why I said it.." 

"Why are you trying too hard for my forgiveness? I am a muggle along with a Ravenclaw and best friends with the golden trio.. I should be your worst enemy." Ivy told her, "You should be.. for some reason, I don't want you to be my worst enemy.." Maeve muttered, "I just wanna.. i don't know.. I guess I just want some people I can call family." Maeve muttered, Ivy smirked, "What?" Maeve asked with a little bit of an attitude, "I knew you were soft." Ivy smiled, Maeve's jaw dropped, Soft?! SOFT?! "I am NOT soft." The raven spoke in almost an order, this caused Ivy to start laughing. Maeve looked at her softly, that smile.