Chapter 1- Childhood

"Come on, Draco! We'll miss the train!" 11 year old Maeve Black laughed as the two ran to the platform. Their trolley's were hitting the bumps and threatening to topple over, Draco ran through the wall, Maeve not far behind him, "Woah. Look at that!" Draco spoke in pure shock, Maeve looked at the mesmerized boy, "Come on, you doof." She said as she hit his shoulder and signalled for him to follow, "We won't get a seat if you do not start walking." Maeve told him.

Draco caught up to the Raven haired girl, and the two handed their luggage off and went to find a cabin to sit in. They wanted something with little people or none, but their luck was running out. They looked into one which had a dark haired boy, a ginger boy and two girls, one with dark eyes and dark hair, the other had a beautiful blue eye and a nice blond in her hair that was almost white. The straight haired one looked up and waved, Maeve waved back before they went deeper into the train and found one with two boys sitting, "Is anyone sitting here?" Maeve asked, "No." The boy said Draco and Maeve sat with them, "I am Crab." "Im goyle. " They introduced, "I am Draco, This is my cousin Maeve." Draco said, Maeve smiled, "Apparently Harry Potter is on this train.. how cool is that?" A passer by said to her friend. Maeve and Draco raised an eyebrow, "Potter?" Maeve asked, "I thought they were all dead?" Draco questioned.. "Hm.. Maybe not." Maeve smirked. 

-

Everyone had changed into their uniforms, and now the train came to a stop. The doors opened, and students fluttered out, Maeve saw a tall man and smiled with teeth, "Hagrid!" She said, "Oh! Maeve! I forgot it is your first year." The man said with a happy tone, as he pat the girl on the shoulder after a small hug, "This way to the boats! Come on now, follow me." Hagrid ordered to all the little people. The smaller children followed him like ants.

The first glance at the hogwarts castle, Maeve swore she lost her ability to breathe.. she was stunned at its beauty, and how big it was.. Draco was just as stunned himself. The children get led into the castle and are greeted by a woman at the top of some steps, "Welcome to Hogwarts. Now, in a few moments time you will pass through these doors, and join your classmates, but before you take your seats you must be sorted into your houses, They are Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw.. And Slytherin." As soon as she said that Maeve and Draco looked at each other with a smirk, knowing exactly what house they will be sorted into, "Now while you are here, your house will be like your family, your triumphs will gain you points.. any rule breaking will lose you points, at the end of the year the house with the most points is awarded the house cup -" "Trevor!" A chubby boy said loudly and grabbed the slimy toad, many people chuckled, some felt bad for the boy under the woman's glare, "The sorting ceremony will begin momentarily" She said and went through the doors.

Draco had his eye on Potter, "Draco." Maeve warned, "It's true then? What they are saying on the train, Harry Potter, has come to hogwarts?" Draco asked, Harry looked over, and Draco grabbed Maeve and dragged her with him in front of the boy, "This is Black, and I am Malfoy.. Draco Malfoy." The blond spoke, The red head chuckled, and Draco snapped his head, "Think my names funny, do you?! No need to ask for yours. Red hair.. and a hand me down robe? You must be a Weasley. You will soon find out that some wizarding families are better than others, Potter, you do not want to go making friends with the wrong sort, I can help you there." Draco spoke and offered his hand, Maeve looked at the girl she saw on the train, ignoring her second cousin completely, "I think i can tell the wrong sort for myself. Thanks." Harry said, Maeve chuckled silently and stood back in line, McGonagall stood behind Draco, and he too fell in line. 

"we are ready for you now." She says.

The children follow her into the great hall, all their jaws drop at the site of the long tables with about a hundred students on each, if not more, there was a whole bench of professors at the front, Maeve recognized the odd few from Luciuses stories, Dumbledore, Snape, that was all."