Chapter 3- Werewolves?

Maeve sat on her broom and waited for Draco to call out a time. She had just passed through 29 hoops and dodged items being launched at her. She needed to win this match on saturday.. 2 more days... "1 MINUTE 19 SECONDS!" Draco shouted," Maeve cheered, her best time yet. She was going to thrash Harry Potter if it was the last thing she did..

She was sick of being second best, and she had only been at Hogwarts for about a week. Harry bloody Potter. Ivy had shot nasty glares to Maeve every chance she had got, Maeve played a long and gave them back to her. The two girls seemed to hate each other.. after.. well.. you know.

Maeve had decided not to let it distract her. Yes, what she did was wrong, but she had apologized, and Ivy turned her away. "Get down here! We will miss lunch!" Draco shouted with his hands acting as a microphone, Maeve dropped down and flew her broom to the stand.

"Last one to the great hall is a rotten egg!" Maeve yelled and started to sprint, "What?! Cheat!" Draco yelled after her, Maeve kept her pace and ran up to the door, "I win." She said with a smirk and opened the door, going to sit with her table. She greeted Crab and goyle and a few other Slytherins around her before she filled her plate and her cup. She had been feeling off all week, like her insides were about to rip out at any given moment, her head felt like it was ready to explode and she had a huge appetite, this did not go unnoticed. Her mood was also very snappy. Even with Draco, Draco had learnt to keep his mouth shut if she looked pissed.

-

Maeve sat in herbology theory, she was zoned out and looking out of the window, she saw the owls flying around the castle getting ready to go and collect mail, She saw her own owl in the mix, Dargo, He was a loyal animal and seemed to know when Maeve needed him, much like Dobby, Maeve suddenly felt a sharp pain in her side which caused her to jolt slightly, The girl sitting next to her shot her a dirty look, Maeve shot one back, god why were people so nosey? there was no need for it really, just mind your business it was not hard.

"Miss Black. Can you tell me the answer?" Professor sprout asked, Maeve looked up she had no clue, She looked beside her and saw Ivy had written it on her pad, "Devils snare.." She said, "Correct! For 5 points, what can counter the devils snare?" The professor asked, "Light." Maeve replied with a smile, "5 points to Slytherin!" Professor sprout noted and carried on, Maeve saw Ivy roll her eyes at her, she decided to ignore it, she knew that she was NOT the blonds favorite person right now, I mean who could blame the Hayes?

After the lesson, Maeve dropped by to visit Remus, Remus beamed of light when he saw the girl, "Maeve! It has been so long!" He said and opened his arms, "Not that long, uncle! Only a few days!" Maeve laughed, "You need to see me every day! I thought we agreed." Remus frowned, "Sorry, but uh. I actually have a few questions." Maeve said, "Go ahead, Kiddo." Remus said and sat on his chair, Maeve plopped herself on a desk, "Well.. Let's just say.. that some girl I am friends with keeps getting these stabbing pains in her sides, her emotions are dialled to 100 all the time and uh.. she has a very big appetite.. and a lot of energy." Maeve spoke, Remus frowned and made a thinking face, "Maeve. Who is this friend?" The man asked, "Uh.. Me?" Maeve asked, "Makes sense.. Although you are a late starter little wolf." Remus said with a smile, Maeve frowned, "You what?" She asked, "Maeve.. I believe that you are too, a werewolf.. it would make sense.." Remus told her, Maeve's eyes widened as her brows shot up, "A werewolf?" She questioned, "Yes. All these symptoms.. The full moon IS tonight.. Maeve, I need you to meet me at the west end of the forbidden forest tonight." Remus ordered, "Okay.. What about you? Wont you turn?" Maeve asked, "I will take my potion, a baby wolves first turn is their most important.." Remus told her.

-

Maeve walked around the forest for a little while when she finally saw her uncle, "Come, Quickly! You are late!" He said, "You never specified where, " Maeve told him, "Now.. What you are about to experience may be the WORST thing in your whole life.. every bone in your body is going to break all at once." Remus said, "What?!" Maeve asked in a surprised tone, Remus gave her a look of sympathy, "You got this.. I believe you, Any moment now, just remember to focus on your surroundings, the mud, and the grass. If you let the pain in, let it consume you.. then it can not break you, at a time you will want to give up, but you MUST let it in, Maeve, do you understand me?" The older man asked, Maeve nodded, "I think so, " Maeve said and took a breath, her ankle bent in on itself, "Argh!" Maeve groaned in the surprise break as she fell to her knees, Remus stood and watched as his niece battled the pain, screams and cries he could not help, "Maeve Let. It. In." Remus told her, Maeve listened and let out a powerful scream.

Remus heard a growl from beneath him. He looked down to see a black coated wolf with grey eyes full of wonder. He smiled softly.. "Your father would be so proud of you.. Little wolf." he spoke softly, Maeve yipped and ran off into the forest.

---

Short chapter. Yes, I know.