"So what's so special about this spring that makes it dispel curses?"

"From what I was told, it has something to do with the source of the water. It's apparently from another world from a spring that actually dispels curses naturally with the mineral compounds in the cave itself keeping the water purified as well as amplifying the healing properties."

"So it's like Kizuna and everyone. From another world." Ochako asked in a simpler term for an explanation of the water for Hawks to turn back and smile.

"You got it." He turned back towards the front while keeping a serious face. "The problem is, this cave recently became a nest for giant spiders after one of the last few Waves in the area and now reaching the spring is a little more dangerous. At your strength right now with the curse on you, I don't think you'd be able to handle them as well."

Izuku gripped his fist in anger while thinking he's in as sorry of a state he's in. "If only I knew I had a quirk when I was younger. Maybe things would've been different."

"In all honesty, I think the doctor did the right thing in having you not know about your quirk." Haws blurted this out with Mocha running up to hold Izuku's hand.

"What are you talking about? Wouldn't it be easier for Midoriya if he had a quirk at the age everyone does?"

"Not quite, Yaoyorozu. I'm sure you all touched the surface of the problem we face, but it's more complicated the more you learn about it. Until about a year ago, there was no chance we had against the Waves as much as we do now. The only actual peace of mind was the Vassal Weapons that we had. Thanks to some issues, we only had three of the eight in the world known for protecting the world. It got to the point that if one died and another was found to hold the Vassal Weapon, the world leaders of each country would forcibly take them in and make them weapons of war. Ryukyu at least had most of her childhood lived before becoming the Band Vassal Weapon holder. Me on the other hand, I was found to have it when I was about 6. Thanks to that, I was forced to become a dog on the government's leash. Forced to fight unfathomable monsters as a child whose struggles should've been 'what do I play today' and 'what will my mommy and daddy cook for dinner tonight'. Now my concerns were if I was even going to survive the next Wave and how I was going to combat it if needed. It made me sick to my stomach knowing." Hawks gripped his torch even harder, remembering his past before loosening it. "If Midoriya would've been found out to be a Cardinal Weapon holder, he'd be in worse of a situation than mine since they're even more important than us with Vassal Weapons."

Izuku looked away thinking of his life. He always thought in the back of his head that he would've been better off having his quirk at a young age, but never actually thought about how horrible things could've been if this was the case. Hawks however was a perfect example of what could've been and it scared him. The lack of freedom, lack of compassion and the lack of innocence. "I'm sorry you had to go through that."

"It wasn't all bad. At least I didn't have to worry about scrutiny from kids my own age like you did."

"Ha! You're right about that. *sigh* Kids can be just as terrifying as any other villain." The sound of movement stopped the entire group for them to look around. "I hear them, but I can't see them."

"Umm...How big are these spiders?" Ochako asked in some fear as Hawks lifted his wings up.

"Big enough to stand on the same height as All Might." As he said this, one of the said spiders came out and began going for Momo.

"HOLY CRAP! THAT'S BIG!" Before it could do anything though, Izuku gave a solid punch to its eyes and sent it back before pulling his left fist back and punching through its thorax. "Thanks for the help."