FINAL CHAPTER

Alan grabs my arm and takes me away from the Director.

"You shouldnt have anything to do with us anymore." He said in anger.

"Alan....."

"This is goodbye," he said, looking away.

"...."

Looking back at me,"Dont worry. We wont make trouble for you."

He smiles sadly, then starts to walk away.

I cant take this...

I cant watch you in anymore pain. Because I...

"Wait!!!"I said weakly.

I instinctively grab Alan's arm.

I fix my eyes on him.

But..............I cant find the words I need to say. Not even one....Why???

"What is it?"

Telling him now that I love him...is crazy, right?

After all of the chasing and suffering, how could I?

I stand still, head down.

Is it like what Alan says? Is saying goodbye the only option left. But, if I let go of this hand, I might really never see him again...

I bite down hard on my lip.

Alan looks at me with a kind look on his face.

"Would you smile for me?"

I look up at him in surprise.

"Show me your smile. Its my last chance..."

I felt my tears flowing down my cheeks. Last chance..?

"Since you came to our hospital, I've probably never seen you really smile. But even then...you would sometimes show me a smile. It made me feel good."

Oh, Alan, why are you still so nice and caring towards me? I dont deserve it.

"I wanted to keep that smile from harm's way...Me, the man who made you suffer for so long....."

All I could do was to stare at his face. The face that I might not see anymore. The face that only show his smile to me. The face that I came to love. The face that I will miss.

"How ironic"

Alan gently releases my hand from his arm.

"Once the Director is dealt with, your quest for revenge is over, right?"

"..."

"I know that its not my place to say this, but...I'm begging you, let this be the end of it, okay?"

I wanted to promise him but if I did then its really over between us.

"Let it be over. From now on, I want you to live your life for yourself. So that you can find happiness... That's my only request."

"Alan... For me. happiness is......."

I look at Alan imploringly.

But he only smiles faintly before once again turning away from me to walk away when he knew I could not do a smile for him.

Wait!!!!!!!

Dont go!!

Dont leave me!!

Clinging to this feeling that I cant bring myself to say, I sink to my knees.

Happiness for me is living my life together with you..... Together with....... you, Alan... But now that can never be......... Alan's increasingly distant figure becomes blur from my tears. The next day in the office....