Shoten rests against the wall beside my side of the bed. I won't be needing it today.

I then head downstairs to see that Kakashi has left to do missions with his team.

"Are you ready for the academy?" I ask Akemi, seeing Kakashi has made her lunch already. She nods her head, dressed in her red outfit,

"Uh huh!"

"Great. Let's go," I say before they put on their shoes and Akemi grabs her bag. I take Ken's hand and we head to the Ninja Academy, next to the Hokage Tower.

Upon arriving, I kneel and kiss Akemi's cheek as I say, "Goodbye, sweetie. Have fun."

"I will!" She calls before taking off to see her friends while waving, Ken waving after her.

"I wish I was in the Ninja Academy," He says with a sigh.

"You will be, in a few years," I reassure him. I jerk my head to the side a bit. "Come on. Let's spend the day together."

Ken nods in agreement and we wander through the village.

It was so peaceful and lively today, despite the hard battle with Yugure a couple of weeks ago.

"Izayoi-chan!!" We stop and turn to see Guy heading towards us.

"Hello, Guy," I greet. Ken chimes his own agreement.

"I heard about what happened. How are you doing?" He asks.

"Great! Though I'm not allowed to do missions or training for a few more days," I reply with a sad sigh.

"You'll be back into it in no time!" Guy chuckles heartily, giving me a sparkly grin. I can't help but smile back at him.

"I sure can't wait. This one can't wait to start at the Ninja Academy." I nod towards Ken. "Well, we'll be off, then, Guy. It was nice seeing you," I say as we begin walking away.

"You too, Ken, Izayoi!" He gives us a thumbs up and a sparkly grin.

Throughout the day, Ken helps me with some errands such as grocery shopping, and I even bought a new romance book to read.

We take the stuff home and Ken helps me to unpack before I realise Kakashi seems to have left his lunch on the kitchen bench.

"Your father left his lunch this morning," I say as I glance at my son. "Do you want to come with me to deliver it?"

"Yes!" Ken says, nodding his head.

I grab my husband's lunch and we head off to look for him. I find Kakashi coming back from the Hokage Tower with Naruto, Sakura and Sasuke after a mission.

"Good afternoon, Kashi-kun," I greet.

"Hi, dad!" Ken cheers as he runs up to him.

"Hey, what are you two doing here?" Kakashi asks as he bends and picks up Ken.