Chapter 41

Third Person's P. O. V:

Izayoi and her group wait for the Yugure member to wake up.

They didn't tie him up due to his stomach burn, but Sakura did help Izayoi wrap bandages around him.

Finally, the black haired man opens his eyes with a groan. He has dark eyes and seems to be around his early thirties.

 He has dark eyes and seems to be around his early thirties

"You're awake," Izayoi says, giving him a stern look. "Now, tell us everything you know about Yugure's motives."

The man nods and everyone gathers around him as he sits up and begins to speak. "My name is Yamato Hino. I mostly use Fire Style. Yugure is a very secretive organisation led by a former Leaf ninja, Mikoto Senju. I don't really know what he truly wants, but ever since The Scarlet Thread became more renown, along with the Shoten, he'd had plans to kill her."

Kakashi gazes at his wife in concern. She just frowns as she demands, "Why? Why does Mikoto want to kill me?"

"Because of the Shoten's power. He says it's incredibly dangerous and shouldn't be used. Once he kills its current user, he plans to destroy the sword."

Silence rains on the Leaf ninja.

Izayoi finally speaks up. "You're going to take us to Mikoto."

"Izayoi, are you sure? The guy wants to kill you," Says Asuma.

"I know. But I need to face him, and Yamato is the only one who knows where their hideout is."

"You won't survive against Mikoto-sama, if you were to face him," Says Yamato. "He's far too strong."

"I don't care," Says Izayoi sternly. "I will defeat him, and avenge my parents. He's not going to get away with what he did back then, and I refuse to let him wander freely."

Kakashi nods his head in agreement. His wife has always had a strong sense of justice. She always fights for what's right.

He tells her unwaveringly, "I'm with you on this, Izayoi-chan."

She smiles appreciatively at her husband before murmuring, "Thank you, Kashi-kun."

Asuma sighs as he scratches his head and says, "I'm going to need a cigarette for this, since I'm coming with you, too."

Kasumi adds, gazing around, "I think we all are."

Almost all of the Genin and Kurenai nod their heads in agreement.

Izayoi says gratefully, "Thank you, my friends. We head out now. Yamato will lead the way." She flashes her eyes at him which makes the ravenette jolt with fright. "You'd better not try anything against us, got that?!"

"Y-Y-Yes, ma' am!"

                      🗡️🗡️🗡️

Later that day, after a day of travelling through the trees with the Jounin surrounding their prisoner, the Leaf ninja decided to camp for the night and find a clearing to set up a fire in.

Sakura and Hinata catch fish before helping Kurenai and Izayoi cook diner, while the other Jounin and Chunin watch Yamato.

When dinner was ready, Izayoi calls for everyone and they each take a bowl of the food.

Kakashi blinks his eye as he watches Izayoi take an extra bowl. She tells him simply, "We can't let our prisoner die of starvation before we reach their hideout, can we?" Kakashi smiles at that as she walks over to Yamato. She holds out the bowl to him. "Here. Eat. You'll need your strength to guide us after being injured like that."

He gives her a raised eyebrow before taking the bowl. Yamato then sniffs at a chopstick full of rice suspiciously, before taking a bite.

Satisfied, Izayoi turns on her heel and goes to sit beside her husband. Everyone eats contentedly.

A few hours later, Izayoi offers for first sentry duty watch. Everyone else goes to sleep while she stays up in a tree, keeping a sharp eye on her surroundings and the Yugure member.

Izayoi sighs as she leans against the tree sometime in the dead of night, wondering how her children are doing back home.

"Hey," A voice calls up to her, causing the scarlet haired maiden to look down. It was Kakashi. "I'm here for the shift change."

"Ok," Izayoi agrees before standing up and leaping down gracefully. She's about to go to sleep when Kakashi grabs her arm and gently pushes Izayoi against the tree. She gazes at him in surprise, but notes the seriousness in his visible black eye. "Kashi-kun, what..."

"Just promise me one thing before we continue tomorrow," He says in a low tone.

"What is it?" Izayoi whispers, gazing into his eyes, well aware of Yamato watching them.

"Promise me you'll come back with us when this mission is over," Murmurs the silverette, voice pleading as he tightens his grip on both her arms

"Promise me you'll come back with us when this mission is over," Murmurs the silverette, voice pleading as he tightens his grip on both her arms. "You know I wouldn't be able to live without you, Izayoi-chan. The world would just be so dark and dreary without my light. You have to come back with us, no matter what. Promise me."

Izayoi gazes at him in stunned silence for a moment, before she cups his cheek and kisses his lips deeply. She murmurs, eyes half lidded, "I promise I will."

Kakashi then kisses her tenderly, and she returns it, wrapping her arms around his neck as he rests his hands on her waist.

Izayoi feels her knees threatening to buckle, but it was thanks to Kakashi that she was able to stand up.

They keep kissing until Izayoi pulls back.

She says with a sigh, "I suppose, I should try to go to sleep."

Kakashi nods his head in agreement, running his knuckles along her jaw.

Izayoi leans forwards and presses a kiss to his cheek before murmuring, "I love you, Kashi-kun."

He smiles. "I love you, too, Izayoi-chan. Goodnight."

"'Night," She calls as she goes to her sleeping bag near Kasumi's.

With a final smile towards her husband who's watching her from his position while leaning against the tree she was in, arms folded and one foot propped up against the base, he returns her smile with one of his own before Izayoi lies down and goes right to sleep, hoping they all make it back from this battle alive.