Chapter 9

Third Person's P. O. V:

The Earth Jutsu never crushes the Leaf ninja due to the blowing magenta shield around them. Genji and the Genin stare in shock.

"I won't let you hurt my students!!" Izayoi seethes before swinging her sword with a cry of immense exertion. A huge wave of gold energy shoots out and arcs towards the silverette.

He cries out as he's hit with it head-on.

Izayoi runs at him and slashes a few times with her sword when he attempts to get to his feet. Genji cries out but turns into mud.

Izayoi pauses. "An Earth Clone?" She thinks.

Izayoi whips around and uses her shield to block a punch from Genji. She drops the shield when he pulls back and viciously swings her sword at him. Genji grits his teeth whenever he feels the sharp blade slice his skin.

"Earth Style: Battalion Spear Barrage!" Genji thrusts up his hands to send out spears of earth, but Izayoi easily dodges them. Genji gasps through his teeth. "Earth Style: Earth Dragon Bullet!"

A dragon made of mud tears up out of the ground and heads straight for Izayoi. She uses her unmatched speed to dodge it when the dragon slams its muzzle onto the floor, narrowly missing her.

The Genin gape in disbelief as they watch their Sensei.

"Wh-Whoa...!" Kai breathes, eyes wide. "Izayoi Sensei is incredible!"

Amaya nods her head in agreement. "Yeah. I've heard of her Shoten sword and that it can greatly enhance her speed and strength, but this is the first time I've seen it in action."

"I don't think I've seen anyone as fast as Izayoi," Murmurs Hiro.

With a war cry, Izayoi looms above her enemy and brings her sword down. She slices deep into his shoulder and he staggers, blood leaking. He gasps before Izayoi brings her sword down on him again, cutting his side.

With one final swing, Izayoi sends Genji sprawling to the floor with a pained cry, another cut through his stomach.

The brown eyed woman stands over him as she breathes heavily.

"Those who hurt my students will never live to speak of it," She growls. "It's over," She whispers fiercely.

Izayoi takes a short breath and her Shoten blade returns to normal. She sheathes it and turns to her students who look back at her with relieved expressions.

"Let's check on Avaron and her family, then we'll clean up after the battle," Izayoi instructs, causing her Genin to nod their heads.

They check in on Avaron and her parents, who all seem just fine, if a little scared, before they take care of the rogue ninja's bodies.

Izayoi's P. O. V:

We spend the next 7 days resting up in the Fukushima estate, getting our wounds seen to. I'd changed back into my traditional armor after the battle.

Thankfully, none of us received any major injuries.

It's the end of the week, and my team and I stand at the entrance to the Fukushima estate.

"Are you sure you won't stay longer?" Avaron asks.

"We don't mind," Says her blond haired mother.

I decline with a polite smile, "Thank you, but we should be getting back to our village now. I'm just glad we were able to stop Genji and his gang before they brought any harm to Avaron."

Her father says gratefully, "We thank you very much for your help. I don't know what would've happened if we hadn't hired The Scarlet Thread and her team."