Chapter 13

Nadine and I were sat at the airport waiting to board our flight. A few weeks had passed and I was able to get the time off work. We were on our way to Mexico City where we would spend the next 5 days and from there we would head up to Miami for the remaining 4 days of our getaway. As soon as I informed lando we could go, I was being sent screenshots of our flights that he had booked not even giving me the chance to object. I didn't want him paying for me, I could handle myself. I didn't object though because he seemed so happy we would be attending. In between Australia and now, Lando had to return to MTC here and there and when he would come to town we would be together. When he returned from the Chinese GP he didn't stay at Max's place, choosing to stay with Nadine and I. Not that I minded, it was just a surprise for me. We'd all arrived at the airport together but his flight for Miami had already departed. Lando expressed his love for the states so he was arriving a couple days early. Him and Carlos were supposed to meet there I guess. My best friend had come around to the idea and the pair of them had banter going back and forth. Usually Nadine threatening Lando and him saluting her in understanding. I was seeing the speculation on social media begin but Lando always tried to reassure me not to worry. I took his word for it as I knew he wouldn't try to steer me wrong.

"Do you think it's going to happen this week?" I hear Nadine ask from beside me as I'm pulled from my thoughts.

"What's going to happen?" I ask, pulling my brows together.

"Lando asking you to be his girlfriend." He deadpanned. If I had water or something in my mouth, I would have spit it out. Luckily I didn't.

"Where have you got this idea from?" I ask as I see two girls looking and Nadine and I. I wouldn't mind it usually but they weren't just looking, they were staring. I tried not to mind it so I went back to our conversation.

"I don't know. I mean, he's staying with us, he's obviously so into you. Why would he not want to make it official?" She asks, as we're called to board.

"I mean, we haven't talked about it, so I don't think so." I brush it off, not to think about it. It was a long flight so I pulled out my moisturizer and applied it, buckled myself in and put my headphones in to lull me into a nap.

I felt a nudge to my shoulder. Looking to my right, I see my best friend with a big smile on her face. "We'll be landing soon." I gave her an excited grin and made sure all of my things were stowed away properly.

I was excited to show Nadine my home country, she's never been. Only meeting my brother once when everything went down in Monaco. In that time we weren't really in a place for happy introductions. We were to get off the plane and my brother would be waiting for us in arrivals to take us back to his home. I had yet to visit but from the photos and FaceTimes, it looked beautiful. He earned it though. He worked so hard to put himself through school and support our family.

The closer we got the more excited I became. Before I knew it we were off the plane gathering our bags and going through customs. On the other side of the door I see my brother standing next to his Alfa Romeo. I pull my luggage along speedily and he opens his arm once I'm a few feet away.

"Louis!" I yell, as he picks me up to hug me close.

"Te extrañé." He says as I pull away.

"lo sé. también te extrañé." I say and he ruffles my hair, pulling me into his side.

With a shake of his head, "todos crecen."

"Oh whatever." I smile, turning to Nadine.

"I don't think there was ever a proper introduction. Nadine, my brother Louis. Louie, my best friend, Nadine." I gesture to the other as I introduced them.

"Hello, welcome to Mexico. Have you ever been?" He asks, taking our luggage and going to put it in the back.

"No it's my first time, I'm so excited." My best friend responds as we get in the car and make our way out of the heavy Mexico City traffic.

"How long are you here for?" Louis asks after a while.

"5 days. Then we'll be going up to Miami for formula one." I remind him as he rolls his eyes. My brother is a big formula one fan. Of course support Checo as all of the country seemed to.

"I can't believe it. You've never been that into f1 and now you're making a stop to see us on your vacation to the race?" He jokes as if it's inconvenient for us to go out of our way to come here.

"Shut up." I shake my head laughing.

"How much did you pay for the tickets." He asks as I stay silent for a moment. Nadine starts laughing in the back as Louis looks at me. "Eiza. Por favor dime que no pagaste mucho."

"Your sister has a new boyfriend and she didn't pay a dime for the tickets." Nadine shares as I go wide eyed.

"I do not have a boyfriend." I roll my eyes. "I got the tickets for free though." I shrug looking at my nails.

"Do tell him where they are, Eiza." My best friend continues to share with my brother, forcing information out of me.

"The paddock." I huff.

"Eiza!" My brother yells. "How the hell have you managed this?"

"I may or may not have gotten them from Lando Norris, we're friends" I say under my breath. I see my brothers eyes go wide with realization. "por favor no le digas nada a mami y papi." I plead hoping he wouldn't tell our parents.

"I won't tell. Don't worry sister, your secret is safe with me." He says giving me a smirk and a not. "If he hurts you I'll be making a trip to wherever he is and kicking his ass though." Louis concludes making me smile.

"Not necessary." I shake my head.

"I mean he's pretty small so I don't know." This earns a laugh from Nadine and I give him a soft punch to the arm. My brother and I were always close and I was grateful for that. Soon we pulled into the driveway and up to a beautiful home. I teared up for a moment only to blink them away before anyone could see. From where we came from, our lives have changed so completely.

The moment I walked in seeing my parents I instantly ran up to them and was engulfed in a hug.

"mi amor. mírate." My dad say spinning me around. I smile, shaking my head. "Tan hermosa."

"Gracias Papá. Te he extrañado mucho." I say, then looking to my mom as my brother coming up behind me to place his hands on my shoulders.

"flaca es lo que es." My mom says as I gasp.

"déjala en paz mamá." Louis defends me as he takes my bags to my room.

"Este es mi mejor amigo, Nadine." Both my mom and dad gave her a hug.

"Encantada de conocerte finalmente." Nadine says in a broken Spanish. I smile at her as she looks so proud of herself.

"Nice to meet you too, mija. We've been seeing the pictures and see you through the phones. Now you are here." My mom greets her. "Thank you for being a friend to Eiza." My parents knew a little English when I last saw them but it has gotten much better.

The rest of the day we settle in and Lando texts to make sure we're arrived safe and that the flight was good. "Mate, when did your brother get so hot." Nadine says as she lays beside me while I'm reading my book.

"Really Nads? He's my brother." I roll my eyes.

"I mean, come on. Can you blame me?" She chuckles scrolling on her phone.

"He probably because attractive to you when you realized he was a doctor." I say continuing my book.

"He was always cute but my my."

"Okay, enough. He's my brother. By all means, make a move, he's single, but leave me out of it." I say as I hear my mom call us for dinner.

~~~

Double update for Lando's maiden win!! So proud of him! And it didn't even take a Max DNF.    Cheers to Charles on his podium as well, I'm always praying for Charles and his wellbeing. Hope you liked this chapter! So unbelievably happy for Lando and all of McLaren, I still can't believe the way it all played out! Next update to come soon :)

All the Best,
  Gaby. x