Seven

Calum stirred in his sleep, aimlessly flipping over and stretching his arms. He frowned, reaching again but feeling only cold empty sheets.

His eyes opened slowly, groaning. Suddenly Farrah's door opened, and closed. He rolled over, his eyes locking with hers.

"I didn't know you were awake." She stated softly, crawling into the bed with him.

He sighed, tugging her to lay down and wrapping his arms tightly around her, as if she would disappear if he didn't.

"My parents know your here," she giggled.

He raised an eyebrow, "what, really?"

"Yeah," Farrah rolled over in his arms so she could face him. Her hand lightly cupped his cheek, caressing it slowly. "I told them what happened. They were angry at first but then they turned sympathetic. And I got a thirty minute lecture."

Calum slowly cracked a smile, "good thing I was asleep."

Farrah rolled her eyes playfully, as Calum leaned in and gave her a kiss. "How did I get so lucky to be with a girl like you?"

A bright blush tinted her pale cheeks. They had been together for almost a year, while Calum had already graduated and Farrah was starting her last year in school. It didn't bother him that she was a year younger, heck she had him wrapped around her finger.

"I would say the same about you.." She trailed off "but honestly, you're a pain in the arse."

Calum gasped, his hands reaching to her sides and tickling her. Instantly, she burst into screams and loud laughter. He rolled over slightly, trapping her body underneath him as he nuzzled his head into the crook of her neck. She squirmed, trying to push him off but he was too heavy.

His actions stopped, her laughter died. His lips pushed unto her warm skin, tongue darting out as he sucked lightly. She gasped, her eyes widening, hands reaching to the back of his neck only to tug him closer. She hummed, feeling him pepper kisses along her jaw.

"I love you," he kissed her nose.

"I love you more," she reassured "but we need to get ready."

Calum knotted his eyebrows in confusion. "What for?"

"So we can go to the police station. They called earlier." She said.

"How did they get your information?" He asked.

Farrah sat up, tossing her legs over the edge of the bed. "You didn't see them ask me for it?"

Calum kept a confused face as he shook his head. He was really lost last night. He's never been someone to take a death lightly, it messed with his head. Especially since this was an old friend, someone he grew up with. It was eating him alive.

He watched Farrah change into a warm beige sweater and tight black jeans. She ran her fingers through her hair, giving up and putting it into a braid.

"I'll drive you to your house so you can change." She said while Calum slowly stood from her bed. He still had on his clothes from before, not wanting to sleep in his boxers because he was cold.

Farrah lead him through her door. He was a little weary walking through her house. He had a semi okay reputation with her parents and he didn't want to ruin that. In a way, Farrah sensed his discomfort as she reached back and laced her hand with his.

"Good morning sweety," Farrah's mum said lightly. She handed Calum a bagel wrapped nicely in a napkin.

"Thanks," he mumbled, taking the food.

"Don't worry, Farrah explained what happened. I can't even imagine what you're going through, the both of you." He mum said with sympathy.

That's the thing Calum hated about people. He hated sympathy. It made him feel feeble and small.

"I'm going to have to board up Farrah's window now arnt I?" Her dad chirped in jokingly.

Calum forced a laugh, his cheeks heating up. Farrah rolled her eyes at her foolish dad and pulled Calum out the house.

They both climbed into her car as she heard Calum sigh. "I really don't want to do this."