two.

Thanks to Millie, I finally had a comfy space to sleep. After the long flight from Australia to London, I was beyond happy to snuggle with the seven blankets I had, close my blinds and nap, even if it was three pm.

I awoke later that night but it felt like I had been sleeping for hundreds of years. Jet lag was hitting me harshly, Australia was hours ahead of London, it would've been around five am there currently.

I was quite hungry, seeing as the last time I had eaten was at the airport while I directed Sam to my terminal, the McDonald's took thirty three minutes to come out, and I had managed to get it and eat it before Sam even got to a parking space.

The house was dark, I wasn't sure where Sam or Millie had gone.

When I turned on the light switch to the kitchen, the two appeared sitting on table stools. "Jesus" I almost scream "what the fuck are you two doing?"

"Chatting?" Sam replied

"In the dark?" I take a large deep breath in to calm my sudden nerves.

Millie shrugged "we started our chat when it was light, I couldn't be fucked turning the light on and neither could Sam."

"Right" I slowly nod.

Sam leaned her elbows on the kitchen counter "you hungry? Millie and I were thinking of going to a nearby restaurant and inviting a few of the other girls for you to meet."

"That sounds nice" I nod again

"Okay!" Millie beamed, standing up from her chair "I'll call a few girls on the way home and I'll pick you guys up in an hour."

The three of us arrived at the restaurant not long after Millie had picked Sam and I up from our house.

Sam had worn a black pair of cargos matching them with a white graphic shirt to go with her usual white air forces before tying her hair up in her everyday ponytail. I had decided on a pair of blue jeans, a plain black singlet, a black leather jacket and a pair of combat boots. Quickly straightening my hair before we left.

My natural hair was curly. As a child they were very hard to tame, the thick coils I had was the reason I was nicknamed 'lion' by my father and Amanda, because when you brushed my hair out, it really did look like a lions mane. Much to my own dismay.

It was constantly being straightened, I never dyed my hair because I hated the thought of ruining my hair even more. But I hated my natural coils. Every few months I got a perm done to keep it straightened, and it worked wonders for a few weeks before I would need to straighten it just a little bit. I could wait another two months until I visited the salon again

Sam unplugged her phone from its charging cable and the three of us got out of the car. I was nervous to meet some of the other girls. I knew of some of them, I had played against some for Australia, but on the pitch we were enemies. Now, I was their teammate.

I had been nervous when Millie came over, but that died pretty quickly. Millie was like a massive koala, upon seeing me, she gave the biggest hug I think I've ever received in my entire life.

I was hit with a wave of Mexican food as soon as we stepped inside the restaurant. A smile was easily brought onto my face, a purple like shone around the room, people cheering and dancing on the small dance floor in the middle of the restaurant, right beside the bar. All the guests were wearing somberos.

One was placed over her head by Sam, when it fell lopsided I was quick to fix it up before following my Chelsea teammates towards the corner of the restaurant where five another girls were sitting at the booth.