one.

Being back in England is hard, especially after I've spent the past ten years away. But being away from my father permanently for the first time in those ten years was significantly harder than I expected.

When I got a contract deal sent from Chelsea I couldn't turn it down. I had spent my entire life searching to be a player playing for those larger teams. Slowly I was reaching towards the retiring age, I wanted to achieve something big in my career before something took my football opportunities.

My father had pushed me to take the deal aswell, I think he was just happier with the thought of finally having the house to himself and not having to worry about tripping over my cleats or a stray soccer ball in our living room. He had always been my biggest supporter, even when he had broken his leg after failing to be a goalkeeper for one of my backyard training sessions.

He was the happiest person for me when I had been chosen to play for the Australian national team in 2016 for the olypmics. I was just eighteen at the time, no where near the youngest, but it had meant the world to me, even if we had only placed fourth in the entire competition.

For the past five years I had been playing for Melbourne Victory, until my contract had ended and I had received a massive amount of offers. For one of the firsts times I had felt noticed. People wanted me to play on their teams. But I had settled for Chelsea quickly.

I had versed a few of the girls in past international competitions. But the only girl I actually knew on the team was Sam Kerr, who was my national teammate. She was thrilled to find out I was joining, she had even offered me the spare bedroom in her house to live in.

I placed the final box of my items onto the floor, Sam slumping to the floor beside me. I smiled, I understood her fatigue. I wished I could cuddle myself up in blankets and sleep. But I didn't have a mattress or a bed frame currently set up, so that idea was out of the window.

Sam yawned, still laying down on the wooden floor "goodnight Ame." She covered her eyes with her arms.

I shrug although Sam couldn't see me"I'll take your bed then."

Sam shot up "hey! no slacking off girl, you have a room to decorate."

"It is decorated." I reply "just with boxes."

"Nope" Sam shook her head "I'm not liking the colour of the boxes, they should be purple."

My brows furrow together "what? I've never seen purple cardbord boxes before. They exist?."

"Get me a purple texter and I'll show you one" Sam smiled.

I roll her eyes, ignoring her request, I think back to my bed, that I desperately wanted to be built already "do you have a screwdriver?"

"Fuck Ame, I let you move in, you're already trying to murder me?"

"Can I at least set up my bed before you assume your death?" I reply "I need one with the four little corners"

Sam got up from the floor "I'll have a look for one, stay here."

"Where else am I gonna go?" I questkln , although it stayed unanswered as Sam left the room in search for the tool.

Turning back to my boxes "how the fuck do I start decorating?" I questioned to myself.

I decide to leave the boxes and stalk towards the only window in my room, it was a beautiful white frame that revealed the entire street to me. It was winter, a very sudden change to Australia's summer. But I  almost seemed to enjoy the change in temperature more. The Australian heat was torturous, I missed London weather.