Go Fetch

As the two got further settled in the car, Y/N clicked their seatbelt in once more. A rise of butterflies and nervousness washed over them, hands feeling sweaty to the touch. Why were they so nervous?.. Perhaps it was the knowledge that they'd really be starting their work now, compared to the previous, easier day from before. This was their first real shift and they wanted to prove themselves, oddly enough, that they were good enough for this job. They'd let out a breathy sigh as Wally started the ignition, trying to tame their erratic nerves. 'It can't be that bad- it won't be that bad', Y/N would think to themselves before settling into their seat into a comfortable position. As Wally pulled off away from the tall cooperation building their mind would linger, noticing Wally mumbling under his breath- but ultimately decided not to pester. The car was quiet along the road, awkward too, as they drove past a series of districts and palm trees that sat neatly lined, decorating the urban city of Hollywood with its greenery. The sun was now out, and the warmth rayed through the car window, granting Y/N much needed warmth. So quiet, they thought, the only sound to be heard was the various car horns, sounds of people, and the pairs' breath as they ventured out further into the city of Los Angeles as they continued their journey, faster than usual, Y/N noticed. Wally suddenly grabbed a pair of black Prada sunglasses from above, opening the small black compartment and adjusting them onto his face enough to push his hair back. He drove faster, opening the windows as they entered the freeway, slowly glancing over at Y/N with a smirk, "You like music?". Y/N noticed his speed, fast enough to notice but not entirely enough to be concerned- yet.

"Y-yeah I like music..!" Y/N would yell over the wind that entered through the car at its high speed. Was he... going faster? Y/N looked at his current speed, 80mhp.. Surely over the speed limit now. Wally would look back over at the road, ensuring his phone was connected to the car's Bluetooth. Suddenly a song started to play, Y/N confused by the odd buildup- as if cranking towards the top of a roller coaster- then the beat hit. The song was loud – loud, but intriguing, music blasting within their ear drums. Y/N peeled their eyes away from the console of the radio and back towards Wally- he was grinning, bopping his head to the beat. He had some good taste, surprisingly. "What song is this?" They would wonder out loud.

Wally raised his eyebrow, letting his eyes shift over to them. "Lady killer, by some guy named Xanakin- Why? You like it?" Y/N could notice his smile- it's like he was expecting them to be caught off guard by his music taste.

"Yeah, it's good!" They'd yell over the wind once more, as the song continued Wally would drive faster. Soon, the two would talk, deciding that maybe possibly spending some time together after the shoot would be nice, Wally inviting them to a diner nearby. They'd banter for a moment whether "people like him" had different taste in music or not- he laughed swerving through traffic, almost to the point Y/N had to brace themselves. 90mph...

Wally noticed this and chuckled, "Enjoying yourself over there Y/N? Having fun?", challenging them to answer.

"Y-you're - it's a bit fast haha" They'd laugh nervously, his foot slammed harder on the gas as if to make a point that he simply did not care.

What was it with him?...

Soon, as time passed, Wally sped out of the exit of the freeway, making a turn as his tires screeched loudly from the rough pavement. Y/N pressed against the door from the sharp turn with a bit of a fearful look in their eyes, their hands gripping on the door and seat belt, Wally, simply too focused on the road to see Y/N's reaction, having a bit of fun.

They would eventually make it to the studio, paparazzi already there, swarming them and flashing their cameras at them like working bees to a single flower. Wally, taking a breath with a smile, put on his dark shades over his eyes, protecting his irises from the flash. He'd turn to Y/N, "Try to keep up. Don't wanna get swept away from me." He chuckles before exiting the car, a loud bang following.