Chapter 5: Who Want to Kill Her?

The nurse smiled and asked Fang Yun, "The patient is awake? How do you feel now? Is there any discomfort?"

As she asked, she looked at the instrument data monitoring Fang Yun's body and checked her complexion. She found that everything was normal and felt slightly relieved.

Fang Yun replied softly, "I feel okay, just in pain all over."

The nurse gently responded, "That's normal. You've undergone several surgeries and being able to save you is already fortunate. If the pain is too much, just let us know and we can give you a painkiller injection. By the way, this police officer has been waiting here. Are you ready to make a statement with him now?"

Fang Yun nodded, "Yes, I'm ready."

However, Fang Yun's mother was worried about her daughter. She frowned and asked the police officer, "Officer, is it necessary to make the statement so urgently? My daughter just woke up, and she has suffered such serious injuries. Can't you wait until she's feeling better?"

The police officer patiently explained to Fang Yun's mother, "Auntie, it's better to make the statement as soon as possible. You also want to find out the truth about the accident sooner, right?"

Upon hearing the police officer's words, Fang Yun's mother fell silent.

Fang Yun also said to her mother, "Mom, I'm fine. You don't all need to stay at the hospital. Just leave someone to accompany me, and the rest can go home!"

Fang Yun's older brother, Fang Zhanpeng, immediately said to their parents and uncle and aunt, "Mom, Dad, Uncle, Aunt, you should go back first. I'll take care of Yunyun here."

Fang Yun's mother insisted, "Let me stay. It's more convenient. You all go back."

She then said to Fang Yun's father, "Old Fang, go back and kill a chicken, stew it, and have our son bring it over."

They also bought an SUV worth over a hundred thousand yuan. Although their home was forty to fifty kilometers away from the hospital, it was no problem to make a few trips back and forth in a day.

Fang Yun's father and Fang Zhanpeng nodded in agreement, "Okay, we'll go back first."

"Mom, take care of Yunyun. I'll bring the chicken soup later."

Fang Yun's mother waved them off, "Go! Be careful on the road."

Fang Zhanpeng responded, "Got it, we're leaving."

Fang Yun's uncle also said to Fang Yun, "Xiaoyun, rest well. We'll come to see you another day."

Fang Yun smiled and replied, "Thank you, Uncle, Aunt. You've all worked hard."

After they left, the hospital room suddenly felt empty.

Fang Yun's mother tactfully pulled over a chair and said to the police officer, "Officer, please have a seat and ask your questions."

The police officer politely smiled and thanked Fang Yun's mother, "Thank you, Auntie."

He took out a statement book, turned on a small video camera, and explained to Fang Yun, "Miss Fang, I apologize, but recording this on video is standard procedure."

Fang Yun understood and said, "I understand, go ahead and ask!"

After Fang Yun finished making the statement, she asked the handsome police officer, "Officer, what happened to the driver who hit me?"

The police officer replied, "The driver died on the spot. According to our on-site investigation, the driver was driving under the influence of alcohol."