Chapter 4: A Reunion

It had been some time before I saw Morganna again. But I still couldn't get her off my mind. Then I entered the coffee shop. Something I hadn't done since that very day. And to my surprise, I saw her already there. She was sat in the same spot she was when we had talked.

"Guinevere," she said with a smile on her face. "It's been awhile. I didn't think I'd see you again. But I'm glad I have."

I nodded as I sat down where I had sat before. "I didn't think I'd see you again either. But I haven't been able to stop thinking about that day. I don't know why," I said.

"I won't lie. I haven't been able to stop thinking of you either," Morganna said. "Something about you reminds me of someone I used to know. The same innocent look."

"Someone you used to know?" I asked.

"Someone who thought she was confident in her feelings," Morganna said. "And then realized that something had changed or awoken inside of her. And similar to you couldn't stop thinking of me."

"Who?" I asked.

"I shouldn't say," Morganna said. "But I can reassure you that whatever you are feeling, you shouldn't be afraid. You just need to understand that just because you're happy now in whatever relationship you may be in, doesn't mean you're necessarily satisfied."

"What are you trying to say?" I asked.

"Nothing you're not already thinking," Morganna said. "I'm just saying. Even if you do have a boyfriend, doesn't mean that your other feelings aren't valid. And suppressing them might hurt more than one person in the end."

Morganna stood and walked out making me more confused than I already was.

That night I sat with Arthur. We were cuddled on the couch. But I noticed that whatever I was feeling for Morganna wasn't the same as when I was with Arthur. I didn't know if that was good or bad, I just noticed it was different.

"Gwen, are you okay?" Arthur asked.

I was surprised by that question. I didn't know how to feel or how to answer. "I don't know," I said. "Arthur, I've been feeling lost lately. I can't explain my feelings."

Arthur nodded. "You can tell me whatever it is," he said.

"It's just that... I've been feeling different lately. I don't know how to explain it," I said.

"Does it have to do with the woman you met?" Arthur asked.

"Yeah..." I said. "I mean... it's not that I love her or anything like that. I guess I just feel something I didn't know was capable of being felt."

He nodded. "Well, if you do feel like you love her or feel like something is different," he said. "I think that's okay. I just want you to be happy. Whatever that means. Even if it doesn't include me."

I kissed him on the cheek. "Thank you," I said.

I paused as I pulled away from the kiss. It just felt a little different than I had remembered.