Chapter 3: My Roommate

I got home from work and settled in my apartment. I was sharing it with one of Arthur's friends he had referred me to. She had long brown hair and freckles that dotted her face. "Hey, Gwen," she said as she saw me enter.

"Hey, Lance," I said as I sat down on the couch next to her.

"How was work?" she asked, wrapping an arm around my shoulder as I leaned my head against hers.

"I met someone," I said.

"At work?" Lance asked.

"Before it," I said. "At the coffee shop."

"Oh..." Lance said. "And who did you meet?"

"This woman..." I said. "Morganna. She had this confidence to her."

"Does Arthur have competition?" Lance asked.

"What? No. Nothing like that," I said. "I just... never felt like that."

"Like what?" Lance asked.

"I don't know," I said. "Whatever it was... I don't know. We probably won't even see each other again."

"Would that disappoint you?" Lance asked.

"I don't know," I said.

Lance nodded letting the subject drop as she said. "Well, I'm always here to talk. If you need to."

"Please, you have your girlfriend to worry about," I said. "I won't bother you anymore."

"Don't say that," Lance said. "I mean it, you can talk to me."

"Thanks," I said. "I'll keep that in mind."

From that point we watched tv in silence. All I could do was think about everything that had transpired. What was the feeling that I had felt when I looked at Morganna? It wasn't love, was it? No, it couldn't be. We didn't even know each other. But... I did feel something in me change when I saw her. Like something had awoken inside of me. Something I hadn't realized until now.