Batao kaisi hai?

Zaid asked arching an eyebrow at her, seeking her feedback.

She cradled the coffee mug in her hand taking into the rich scent of the coffee, her eyes closing.

Khushboo toh achi hai.

Mubashira said softly, the hot steam from the coffee swirled around her face and she met his gaze.

She took a sip and couldn't stop the sigh of contentment that escaped her lips.

Bahot achi hai.

Mubashira said, her heart skipping several beats as she watched him smiling brightly, his eyes crinkled at the corners as happiness radiated from him in warm waves.

I love you.

She found herself whispering, her voice chocked with emotion. Zaid smiled brightly, a soft smile as an answer. He didn't knew why but he always found himself tounge tied whenever it came to confessing his feelings.

She placed the coffee mug on the table and leaned forward placing her head on his shoulder. Zaid wrapped an arm around her protectively, his heart quickening it's pace. He placed the coffee mug on the table.

Mubashira.

Zaid called out softly. She looked up at him and their eyes met, the intensity of his gaze made her heart skip a beat.

Ji.

She replied softly.

Zaid smiled at her, caressing her cheek with a tender touch. Mubashira smiled, her cheeks heating up, a wave of warmth washed over her as their eyes remained locked.

Tumhein mujhse pyaar kaise hua?

Zaid asked, his voice a soft whisper in the quite night.

Her heart skipped a beat hearing him. Her held onto his hand, her fingers wrapping around his thumb lightly.

I was attracted to you since the nikah day.

She confessed, her voice tinged with a hint of nostalgia. His heart skipped several beats hearing her and he smiled.

And uske baad main tumhare bare mein sochna band hi nahin ker payi and about love, I can't tell you the exact moment because mujhe khud nahin pata.

Mubashira confessed softly and Zaid chuckled, a rich, hearty sound dancing in the air which sent her heart into a wild dance.

Shayad woh moment jab tumne kaha tha ke tumhein Ayra se marriage kerni hai. Meri ego ko hurt hua tha but....

She trailed off looking at him, her eyes searching his for the understanding she craved.

Yeh sirf ek bahana tha. Deep down, I was hurt. I was scared of losing you but meri ego, meri anna ne mujhe yeh baat accept kerne nahin di. I fell for you unknowingly.

She said, her eyes welling up with a delicate sheen of tears and she gulped the lump that rose in her throat.

Zaid reached out, his heart aching with the weight of her pain as he brushed the tears away from her cheeks.

Main bas itna pata hai ke maine tumhari mohabbat chahi thi jab maine tumhein Ayra ke sath dekha. Jis tarah tum care kerte thy uski woh mera dil jeet gayi.

She confessed, her voice chocking with emotion.

Aur phir mujhe pata tha ke mera dil toote ga agar maine tumse pyaar kiya toh mera dil tootega but main khud ko rok hi nahin saki.

She said looking at her placing her heart in his hands, trusting that he'll charish and protect it. Zaid looked at her, his eyes shining with unshed tears.

She gulped the lump that formed in her throat and she confessed, her voice laced with uncertainty that broke his heart

Ya shayad rokna nahin chahati thi.

The confession, raw and vulnerable, shattered his heart loudly in his ears and he felt tears welling up in his eyes.

He wrapped his arms around her petite frame rather protectively and pulled her closer. She smiled, her own arms wrapping around his shoulders, hands locking behind his neck as she snuggled deeper into his embrace. He stroked her back to calm the emotional turmoil ragging within her.

Mujhe kabhi chor ker mat jana Zaid. Main uss andhere mein wapas kaid nahin hona chahati.

Mubashira said, her voice a raw plea that came from the depths of her heart and tugged at his heartstrings.

{Ya ALLAH. I wish there was an ulternative universe jahan main iske sath yeh sab hone se bacha leta isse.}

Author,s note: samjhe kya? 😉

Tum uss darkness mein dubara nahin jaogi Mubashira.

Zaid said, his voice carrying a vow that resonated deep within her soul.

End Of Chapter!!!

Coming up next: Paheli.

Here's the chapter. Don't forget to vote and comment. Love you all take care stay home and stay safe ❤️