CHAPTER 10 ~ IS THIS GOODBYE?

Start from the beginning

That's right.. I didnt want to say that I was visiting my mother's grave. So I simply calls in sick.

"I'm sorry. I hope that my absence didnt cause anyone much trouble."

"That doesn't matter. You seems pale lately, I am worried about you."

"...I am? I haven't noticed. I must have been more tired than I realized. Eversince I came to Bangkok General, its been one stressful event after the next."

"Yeah. Well, dont push yourself too hard. You're an MVP at the hospital now." he said with a smile.

"Is that all I am?"

Alan looks at me with a puzzled look.

"I..I mean...so you were worried about me as your colleague from the hospital."

Now he looks at me with surprise in his eyes.

"I wouldn't come all the way here to check on you if I was speaking as a colleague."

His face blushed a bit.

"....Good." i smile at him.

Its time to show my resolve.....

I placed a hand on his thigh and gave it a squeeze.

Maybe this makes me a terrible woman but I'll work my way deep into your heart......

Alan stops the car at a park on a hill.

I got out of the car and link my hand around Alan's arm.

He turns to me in surprise.

"Is...this okay?"

It's pretty innocent, he wont mind.

"Sure."

The front scenery was breathtaking. The night scenery of Bangkok.

We stood there while admiring it.

"I wasnt really sick,"I admitted.

"?"

"Ever since then.... I haven't figured out how to distance myself from you at work."

"You've been worried about that?"

"Maybe you think it's awful of me to have been thinking of my personal thing other than the patients while I'm at the hospital...I felt like everyone's eyes were on me and had to remind myself to act normal. But then telling myself to act normal just made me nervous...I needed to recharge so I took the day off."

"So that's it..."

"And that's why today, I didnt wait for you. I was just beginning to relax and was worried that I'd just start to feel nervous again."

I let go of my hands around his arm and hug him. I tilt my head up to look at his face.

"But I'm glad you came to see me.. The truth is I've wanted to see you. I dont think I could've stayed away for so long."

I felt his hands on my back.

"But....that's just me, isnt it?"

I leaned my head on his shoulder.

"No...its not," he whispered at my ear.

I push myself slightly from his body, just enough to look up at his face. "it's not?"

"I wanted to see you too...I dont know why but I feel so calm when I'm with you."

I rest my head back on his chest.

"You once said that to me and then you fell asleep."

"That's right. It was the first time I slept so well in a long time."