Chapter 1

"A-niang! A-die!!" Lan Yuan screamed seeing his own parents die right in front of his eyes. Lan Jingyi quickly dragged him away to escape from the guards, Lan Yuan's parents died by getting stabbed by the wens.

Not only wens killed his parents but the formal madam jiang and sect leader jiang too. (This is what i wrote since i dont know what to type if its grandmother/grandfather or uncle/aunt)

Lan Ying who was wearing a full Lan clothing was drained in blood because he was stabbed in the stomach, while Lan Wangji was stabbed in the heart. Which they both instantly died.

While Lan Yuan and Lan Jingyi were running away Lan Yuan couldn't stop thinking about what happened to his parents, they died. Lan Yuan has been with them for years... FOR 14 YEARS. His parents had to die on his birthday.

When they both reached an inn they rested for days in there, Lan Yuan was getting skinnier by skinnier.

Lan Jingyi, "a-yuan... your parents wouldn't like this if they see you like this.." He spoke in a soft worried tone which made Lan Yuan tear up more.

"They... .... ... .." Lan Yuan whispered
"Hm?" Lan Jingyi tilted his head.

"T-they.. had to... d-die in my b..birthday.." Lan Yuan spoke in a broken voice. He tears up remembering how his parents died. With no affection of his father, he still cared for him. The only person who showed him love was his mother.

Lan Ying was the most important for Lan Yuan, he loved his father dearly but he couldn't get over the fact that his father, Lan Wangji had shouted to his mother about something like they had a fight.

"A-niang... m..my mother..." Lan Yuan sobbed.
He misses his mothers soft warm hug, even when he slightly can breathe because of how tight Lan Ying hugs him sometimes he misses it.