Ken and Akemi sit beside their father.

"Well, since they're with you Kakashi Sensei, we might take our leave," Neji says, both him and Tenten having stopped panting.

Kakashi agrees as he nods his head, "That's alright. Thank you both."

Tenten says as they turn to leave, "Let us know how it all turns out! I hope Izayoi Sensei recovers soon."

They leave the hospital and Kakashi and the others wait for the news.

It was another half an hour before the red light above the door goes out and Tsunade walks out. She gives Ken and Akemi a comforting smile as they perk up.

"You can see her now that she's stable, but Izayoi is still unconscious," Tsunade tells them. Naruto and the others wait outside while Kakashi, Akemi and Jen go in to see Izayoi.

Worry fills Kakashi's eye as he gazes at his unconscious wife, no longer in her pink armor but in the white hospital gown, hair unbound.

"When will she wake up?" Akemi asks as Tsunade enters the room.

"Two weeks, at most," The blonde woman answers. "And after that, she'll need a few days to recover at home. No training or missions. From what you described during your fight with Mikoto, Kakashi, it seems as though his Lightning Burst Jutsu had temporarily stopped her heart and rendered her body the ability to receive commands from the brain."

Kakashi gasps softly as he whips his head to her.

"That, coupled with that powerful Lightning Jutsu, she's in critical condition."

Kakashi wants her to wake up, though he knows she won't right now.

🗡️🗡️🗡️

Almost two weeks have gone by and Izayoi still hasn't woken up yet.

Kakashi sits in the chair by her bed, holding her hand, like she did him when he was on the Genjutsu cast ve Itachi.

Akemi was at the academy and Ken is with Kakashi. He'd gone hometo get him after today's D-Rank missions.

Ken sits in a chair next to Kakashi as he gazes sadly at his mother. Flowers have been left by Kasumi, Sakura, Amaya, Ino and Hinata over the past two weeks.

He hasn't really read his book while in the hospital; he was too worried about his wife.

"I miss her," Ken sniffles, gaining Kakashi's attention. "I wish she'd wake up."

Kakashi sighs softly as he agrees, "Me too, Ken. Me, too."

Just as Kakashi says that, he hears a soft moan and whips his head around, only to see Izayoi's eyes fluttering open. Crushing relief fils his chest as she switches her gaze to him.

"Hey," Izayoi greets him and Ken tiredly.

Ken gasps happily as he exclaims, "Mummy!" Ken goes over and hugs her, before pulling back. "I was so worried!"

"I'm glad you're awake," Says Kakashi before he hugs her too. "I've missed you."

"I'm sorry for making you both worry," Says Izayoi.

"When Mikoto hit you with that Lightning Jutsu... I-I thought I'd lost you," Murmurs Kakashi a he tightened his arms around Izayoi. They stay like that for a few more minutes before Kakashi pulls back.

"I'm going to let the nurses know you're awake," Kakashi informs her, making Izayoi nod her head. Kakashi leans forward and kisses the top of Izayoi's head before exiting the room.

He comes back moments later with a blonde haired nurse and she checks over Izayoi's vital signs and changing her IV over.

"Everything seems to be good, Hatake-san," She says. "You just need to rest in the hospital for a couple of days, and rest at home for three more days to make sure your wounds have fully healed."

Kakashi nods as he murmurs gratefully, "Thank you."

"Would you like anything to eat?" The nurse asks Izayoi. She nods her head.

"Yes, please," She says.

The nurse smiles at her as she says, "I'll be right back!"

She tries out of the room to get the foods organised.

Izayoi glances at the flowers and says to Kakashi, "I see I've gotten lots of visitors while I was out of it."

Kakashi says, "You did. Those are from Kurenai, Kasumi, Hinata, Amaya, Sakura and Ino."

Izayoi smiles to herself as she murmurs, "That's nice of them."

                       🗡️🗡️🗡️

Izayoi was just finished eating her meal when there's a knock on the door. They look to see a basket of apples poking into the room, followed by Ino's head.

She smiles as she calls, "Hello, Izayoi Sensei! We brought you a get-well gift!"

"Thank you, Ino," Izayoi says as her team, Akemi and Team Ten enter the room.

"You're looking better," Asuma notes as Ino sets the apples on the bedside table and Akemi goes up to her mum, hugging her.

"I should be out of the hospital in a couple of days," Izayoi tells them.

"That's good to hear," Says Asuma.

"We'll all be able to go on missions again soon, right?" Hiro asks, standing at the foot of the bed with his arms crossed.

"Not right away, I'm afraid," Izayoi sighs.

"Oh. That's too bad. I'm really eager to get back out there!"

"I'm sure it won't be for too much longer, Hiro," Izayoi assures him. She glances to Akemi. "And how did you get here by yourself?"

Amaya tells her, "Hiro, Kai and I went to get Akemi from the academy so she could see you. Then we bumped into these guys on the way over." She gestures towards Team Ten.

"That's very nice of you," Says Izayoi.

"Kakashi's been worried sick about you," Asuma teases. "He hasn't left your side since your operation."

Izayoi glances to Kakashi who mutters, "I had to be here in case you woke up. I didn't want to miss it."

Izayoi smiles softly as she says, "Thank you, Kashi-kun."