XX

- Don't listen to a liar -

It's a big and dark world out there... full of dangerous entities and rules. Wake up.

...y/n, did you really think you were capable?

You're just as stupid as your parents, look where that led them.

I have you that box for a reason, take it with gratitude. Don't you want to feel the strength of others... or are you going to remain weak forever.

I gave you a beacon of hope. Why don't you use it wisely..?

...

This isn't a dream.

This is a nightmare.

Wake up, y/n. Wake up and live another day of  vulnerability in the harsh world. Though adorned in beauty's cloak, time's relentless march knows no pause for grace.

...

"Huh..."

Y/N's eyes fluttered open, her surroundings slowly coming into focus as she blinked away the remnants of sleep. As she took in her surroundings, she found herself in a room bathed in soft morning light, the gentle glow of dawn filtering in through the curtains.

Confusion washed over her as she took in her unfamiliar surroundings, her mind struggling to piece together the events of the previous night. She sat up slowly, her senses coming alive as she took in the details of the room—the elegant furnishings, the polished wood floors, the faint scent of lavender lingering in the air.

For a moment, she was overcome by a sense of disorientation, her thoughts swirling with questions and uncertainty. Where was she? How had she ended up here?

What happened last night..? She aimed to recollect her thoughts.

"I was taking a walk... it was sunny.. hm.. there was a ruin guard..."

"oh right... there was a ruin guard."

As she sat on the edge of the bed, the events of the previous night played over in her mind like scenes from a vivid dream. She couldn't shake the sense of bewilderment that washed over her, the realization slowly sinking in as she pieced together the fragments of memory that lingered in the recesses of her mind.

"Get out of my mind, Tartaglia."

She slapped herself gently on the forehead, laying down on the linen sheets of a stranger's place of  sanctuary of slumber's cradle.

"Why did you come back just to haunt me.."

She shortly realised someone had most likely found her and took her into hospitality. But as she took a closer look around the room, she began to notice the small details that circled her—a framed photograph on the bedside table, a stack of books on the shelf, a familiar hair piece sitting on a nearby chair.

"Wait..."

"Nah... I'm hallucinating."

As she sat in the quiet stillness of the room, contemplating the mysteries of the night before, she knew that only time would reveal the answers she sought. But for now, she allowed herself to bask in the warmth and comfort of her surroundings, grateful for the unexpected hospitality.

Realisation soon learned to be her foe.

With a shaky breath, she looked down at her hands.

Her gaze shifted to the bed beneath her, breath catching in her throat as she took in the sight of the once pristine sheets now stained with dark splotches of blood. Panic surged through her veins as she recoiled from the gruesome scene, her mind racing with a flurry of questions and fears. How had this happened? What had transpired in the darkness of the night?