II

- Momentarily -

As the rain stops and the night ends, the next morning begins. The light of the morning shines through his windows, illuminating the cold room and slowly washing away the dark shadows of the night before. The man lays still, deep in a peaceful slumber. Though he may be immortal, he cannot help but feel the coldness of the night. His body does not move, but his heart does. Slow and steady, it beats at a gentle pace..

His slumber was peaceful, yet it brought him back to the reality that awaited him later today. His body may be comfortable and peaceful, but his mind was still occupied with the thoughts of later. Today was the day of a court case. An important one, involving a fatui. Forged contracts.. delusion.. and visionless power.. Just the thought of it brought him a sense of unease and discomfort. He laid still, trying to push away the thoughts that filled his mind as the morning sun started to shine through the curtains.

The morning arrived faster than his mind could process. With a heavy sigh, he got up from his bed, taking in a deep breath, organising the streams of blue that shone amongst the white of his hair and putting on his suit. The suit was a reminder of who he was.. who he had to be.

Its like Groundhog Day.. It's all an act for the stage.

Meanwhile.. it didn't take much for her to get out of bed. With the covers half on the floor, it was easy to kick them off of her. She stood up and rubbed her eyes, trying to get rid of the sleepiness that lingered in her mind. Instead of getting dressed right away, she walked over to the window and looked out at the bright morning as the sun shined through the clouds. Another day.

Maybe 5 more minutes won't hurt..

Or 10..

Or maybe I should get dressed and go out.

After perhaps an eternity of searching through clothes, she decorated herself nicely with a floral patterns and variants of small blue flowers scattered in a random correlation over her preferred fashion. Strands of her h/c locks slipped forward and framed her face. She even made sure any accessories she wore matched. All dressed up.. and she's probably not gonna see anybody she knows.. She opened up the window to be faced with clear skies and a fresher breeze.

The streets of Fontaine were decorated with fauna furnishings and blueish hues as the nation prepared itself for yet another annual festival. Everyone visited, even Lady Furina. Even that chief of justice guy..

She found herself strolling aimlessly among watery sidewalks, glancing in occasional shops, furrowing a brow at every price she checked. She was a bit in her own world today.. after last night, she wanted a change of scenery. That was when a familiar voice of energy emerged from behind her.

"Didn't think I'd see you shopping for hats." Teased the sound of her long term friend, Navia.

"I fancied a change of scenery, is that so bad?" She responded with the same taunting tone that her blonde friend used, one eyebrow raised and a trace of a smirk.

"I could never blame a girl for shopping, could I? Especially not a girl who's my best friend." The girl poked at her arm. It was true. Navia had always stuck around her even though many saw her as weak. Navia never did. Navia believed in her, and always defended her. She laughed to herself, knowing her friend was completely right about the shopping thing.

"I'm surprised you aren't at the court today.. there's a trail involving some ginger fatui guy. Honestly, these fatui people never learn, do they?" Navia seemed distracted by different hats as she spoke, putting different ones to her head to see if they match the honey shade of blonde her hair carried.. too distracted to notice your attention drifting elsewhere... to the court building.

"Maybe we should go observe.. add some kind of drama to the day." She tried to make it seem like she was looking for something to do. But in reality, she recognised the sound of an ominous ginger fatui.

Was he the one who... no.. no way.

"I'm down." The geo holder spoke as she made her 2 coworkers, Melus and Silver aware that they'd be watching a trial today.

The Court of Fontaine.

The courthouse released an aura of suspense and tension, simply by walking towards it. A large building, where so many things occurred. It's almost tyrannical. Who knew that a single oratrice could hold so much power over a whole nation of people...

The trail is now in session.

Hellaur it's author
Im actually considering this revision,
Im taking A level english save me rn.

Enjoy my unnecessary descriptions and probable angst in the future

Anyway I missed school today so 😔🙏