𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 - 𝐒𝐨𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐍𝐨𝐫𝐰𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐒𝐤𝐢𝐞𝐬...

Start from the beginning

"We assemble the squadron at 2,000 feet over splasher six at H plus 0112." He instructed. "You following me?" "Great Yarmouth; yeah, yeah-yeah..." Rambled Crosby, his mind already halfway out the door. "Don't be nervous," Bubbles comforted. "Croz, take this — it's my lucky snow globe." He said, handing it over as a token of fortune and solidarity. "I want it back." He sighed once the brunette took it, a wave of gratitude washing over his face as he did that. "Now, what are you waiting for? Go get 'em." 

"Booster pumps, pressure?" Bucky read the checklist aloud as y/n, the pilot, double checked everything to burn some time before the replacement Navigator would finally make it. "Pump's on, pressure's good." She replied, her tone reflecting the monotony of the routine. "Fuel quantity?" Repeated the raven, his boredom evident in his voice as he echoed her sentiments. "Good? Thought so... Looks like we're ready to start, Major." He concluded, punctuating his words with a bored raspberries, mirroring her feelings of tedium. "Welcome aboard, Lieutenant." The girl let out a sigh of relief once the man had finally entered the fortress.

"Came as quick as I could, Majors." Croz panted, his breaths coming in short bursts as he entered the aircraft, shaking with anxiety. "Alright, well... Store your gear and get ready for takeoff." y/n instructed, her tone brisk and no-nonsense. "We're not gonna be the reason this goes off late." Bucky remarked, rolling his eyes in frustration at the delay. "Yes sir." The Navigator replied, as the girl started the first engine. "Morning!" Smiled the brunette, going through a checklist. "Mornin'-" Greeted Croz, removing his glove using his teeth as he set up his table. "Douglas." He introduced himself. "Harry Crosby." The navigator shook his hand out of courtesy.

"Oh, like Bing?" Asked the man. "Yeah..." Mumbled Harry, finding the charm his friend had given him. "You sing?" Doug questioned. "They kicked me outta the choir." Sighed the man honestly, as the fort made it's way to the runway, waiting for the green flare to signal their departure. "That's us." The raven informed, fastening his seatbelt and exchanging a resolute nod with y/n. Together, they were ready for whatever lay ahead on their journey. "Alright then, good luck, boys." Said the girl, her voice tinged with resilience as she sped up, focusing intently on the controls. Bucky kept his eye on the speed meter, his jaw set in concentration as they raced towards their destination, the weight of their mission heavy upon their shoulders.

"Seventy, eighty, night, hundred..." And with a surge of power, they lifted off the ground, soaring into the vast expanse of the sky, their mission awaiting them amidst the clouds and beyond. "Gear up." The y/h/c commanded, her voice authoritative as her buddy swiftly complied, ensuring their safety as they climbed higher. "You okay?" Douglas checked up on the nervous Navigator, his concern evident in his tone as they pressed forward into the unknown. "Oh, uh... Y-yeah, it's just my first time um, in the lead." Answered the man, his face betraying a hint of nervousness despite his attempt to mask it. "It's my first time in the lead."

"Yeah well, I've seen Bubbles do it a million times. Can't be that hard." The bombardier shot him a reassuring wink, his attempt to alleviate the Navigator's nerves clear in his gesture.

***

Hours had crawled by, the dullness of the uneventful flight only serving to fuel the boredom of the drama-hungry Majors. With nothing but endless skies stretching before them, they kept a watchful eye, scanning the horizon for any sign of those elusive Nazi fighters, their zest for action growing with each passing moment. "I swear, if I have to stare at these clouds for one more minute, I might just jump out and wrestle a Kraut myself." Bucky grumbled, his frustration evident as he squinted into the distance. "Yeah, well, I've been practicing my mid-air takedowns, so watch out." y/n quipped back, a mischievous glint in her eyes as she leaned forward in her seat.

As the tension mounted and the expectancy reached its peak, they remained vigilant, ready to spring into action at a moment's notice, even if it meant resorting to unconventional tactics to break the monotony of the infinite sky. "Bombardier to command pilot: I'm going to pull the fuse pins." Douglas informed, the anticipation palpable as they neared their target in Trondheim, just 30 minutes away. "Roger." The raven confirmed, his gaze sweeping across the horizon to gauge the visibility, his mind already calculating the precise moment to release their payload. Though the mission went by pretty smoothly, the crew was in for one unexpected surprise — Airsickness.