1: Friends?

"Aw fuck my head," I groaned, standing up. I almost lost my balance but caught myself on a nightstand near me. "Where am I?" I stumble over to a broken window nearby and look out; I see two people. They are walking strangely and growling; then, it hit me they are decaying. "What the fuck" I say, backing up and now looking around the house for something to defend myself with. I opened up a wardrobe, and in it was a nice biker jacket. "Sweet, this leather will be some nice defense against rotten teeth," I say to myself as I put on the jacket and continue looking around the tiny house. As I'm looking around, I hear someone screaming, "Die bastard!" I run to the nearest window to see what is going on. I see a guy swinging a bat at a zombie, bashing its skull in. As he is looting the body, I decide to walk outside to see if he's cool. "Yo, man, you good?" I ask. I'm a few feet away from him. "What do you want?" He snaps back, standing up. "Woah, no need to get all defense. I'm chill." I say, slightly putting my hands up to show I have no weapons. "Am I supposed to believe that?" He said, "Uh yeah, I just woke up here. I have no idea what's going on or where I am." I tell him, "Wait for real? I woke up an hour or two ago, and I've been fighting these guys constantly." His tone softens. "You want to team up? If so, my name is Val." "My name is Felix. Nice to meet you." he walks up to me. "Here, take this." Felix hands me a kitchen knife. "Aw, sweet, thanks, man," I say, grabbing the knife from his hand. "So I guess let's look around for a map and see where we are."

A few hours later

"Holy shit Val I finally found a map" I leap up from the sink cabinet. I was looking through, "No way, lay it down on the table." We both get to the table, and Felix spreads the map across it. "Uhm, this isn't America," I say, shocked. "Yeah, and it's not the UK either." "We are so fucked. I think we are in Russia." Felix groans, walking outside. "I'm going to find a sign to see where we are. I'll be right back." "Good luck out there." After a short while, Felix walks back in, closing the door behind him. "Okay, so we are..." His finger drags along the map. "Right here." Felix points at a place called Ольша "Alright, O, cursive r, b, w, a, very nice name that I can't pronounce." "So where do you think we should go? Right, there is an airfield, but a bit up ahead is a city with a hospital." Felix points to both places. I step back from the table, thinking, "We should head to the hospital first because something you forgot to mention is a police station right there." I say, pointing at the blue star on the map. "We can loot up and start heading over to the airfield." Felix starts folding the map back up. "Okay, good idea, but let's look around here a bit more before we head over there. I just want to be extra geared up before getting close to a big town like that." He hands me the folding map. "I think you will need this more than me. I'm not the best map reader."

Notes: Sorry for the short chapter 😭🙏