Chapter 1- Fancy seeing you here

Current time= 1995
——————

As I slipped into the great hall for the first time since I graduated all those year ago. A wave of nostalgia hit me like a ton of bricks. I felt uneasy, scared even. I was the new art professor at Hogwarts as the previous professor had retired, it made sense as she was well into old age as my professor. I walked along the wall, looking aside to the mess of teenagers trying to settle in their seats and nervous little kids, about to be sorted.

I had made it to the long table for us professors, noticing that in front of each seat was a plaque engraved with names, I scanned them all, I started at the right side of the table and had made it all the way to second to last seat from the left. "ℰ𝓁ℯ𝒶𝓃ℴ𝓇ℯ ℒ𝓊𝓅𝒾𝓃 " it read. I placed my purse between my feet as I sat down, noticing the names next to me "ℳ𝒾𝓃ℯ𝓇𝓋𝒶 ℳ𝒸𝑔ℴ𝓃𝓃𝒶𝑔𝒶𝓁" I remembered her fondly. She was a kind woman and a dedicated professor.

I looked to the left of me. Fuck, I completely forgot about that. "𝒮ℯ𝓋ℯ𝓇𝓊𝓈 𝒮𝓃𝒶𝓅ℯ" read the plaque and sure enough within five minutes, that exact person walked up. I hadn't noticed him until he had pulled his chair out, apparently coming in from behind the table. When he sat down, it seemed like he hadn't even noticed me.

"Hey stranger, fancy seeing you here" I blurted out, with a small smile, I believe I startled him as he jumped slightly at my voice before turning to look at me and gawking and raising an eyebrow. I giggled a little at his reaction.

"Hello. do you, work here?" He questioned. His eyes studied me as mine did him, doing a quick glance over. Trying to find what's hand what hasn't.

"Yep, I'm Professor Burbage's replacement" my smile widened. "I assume you knew she retired?" I tilted my head ever so slightly. He looked nice. he has definitely aged, but not badly.

He folded his hands on his lap and straightened his posture "No, I hadn't." He sighed. "I didnt tend to talk to her much, not that I had a problem with her so much as she was, quite..." he seemed to be searching for a word, I figured I'd offer a some help.

"Eccentric?" I suggested. He nodded his head in agreement. We both straightened up and looked forward as McGonagall announced that the sorting ceremony was about to start. "Bring back any memories?" I poked him with my elbow and grinned.

"Every time" he pursed his lips and closed his eyes, taking a deep breath. We watched everybody be sorted and take their seats. Some happily and some, not so much.

When all the houses were good and sorted, Dumbledore stood up at the podium to give his usual beginning of the year speech, as I listened in I heard some quite disturbing things about the previous year, but figured it had all been cared for. "Let me introduce our newest professors, we have Ms. Eleanore Lupin, who will be teaching any art classes you children may take" I stood up and gave a quick wave before sitting back down.

Then he introduced a woman named Delores Umbridge, and considering she felt the need to make a speech of her own after her introduction, I knew me and this, for lack of better words, self righteous bitch would not be buddies.

After dinner, I followed the other professors to the living quarters. "Hello dear" I heard a sweet voice from behind me. "Do you know where you're going or would you like me to show you?" I turned my head to see McGonagall place her hand on my shoulder.

"Oh, thank you I'd appreciate it" I gave a quick smile and gestured her to lead the way.

"I see you and Severus have reunited already" she folded her hands in front of her stomach. I sucked air through my teeth and shrugged.

"I suppose, he wasn't very chatty though" I wished he had been. McGonagall laughed at that.

"Well he never really has been a chatter box, hm?" She snickered at her comment. And no, he usually wasn't but you'd think that he might strike up a conversation with, well, an old friend.
"This is your room dearie" she held her hand out to a door on our left.

"Thanks professor" I gave her one for warm smile before turning to my door. It read the name as my name tag at the dining table, I turned the handle and pushed, not yet walking in.

"Oh, call me Minerva, I'm not your teacher anymore" she patted me on my back. "Shall I show you in?" She beckoned to the room in front of me.

"No thanks, Minerva. I've got it. Goodnight"
I waved her off, while my smile faded, because I was unhappy, but because I was tired. I was actually quite excited. I always loved art growing up and now I get to share that love with My students.

"good night my dear" Minerva strode down the hallway, out of sight. My quarters looked nothing as I had expected, but they were quite lovely in their own way. I had a little kitchenette with a refrigerator, a small oven and two countertops. I guess it hadn't phased them to add a sink.

The living area was to my right a dark green sofa and a large brown bookcase were up against the wall farthest from me, above the sofa was a rather large window. there was a black, plush carpet across the stone floor and a few generic paintings. Up against the wall with the door for entry was a small wooden desk along with a matching chair. Then, directly in front of me was a wall with a door, I assume that's my bedroom along with my bathroom.

My assumptions were proven, correct as I walked up to the dark brown door and swung it open, revealing a king size bed with green and white sheets with a matching comforter, a black bedframe, with a large headboard, a dark green sitting chair, a few more of the paintings and a rather large black dresser. Next to the dresser was a door, A door to the bathroom.

It was once again green themed, white toilet with a green seat. A green marbled sink with a white spout. A glass sliding shower door with the tile on the floor being, green and white. There were a few shelves inside and out of the shower and a cabinet above the sink with a mirror as the door. There was a small window above the toilet, not ideal placing if you ask me.

I set my few bags down onto my bed and started to unpack. I started with my clothes which I had packed neatly and folded, so that was easy enough. After i put away all of my clothes, I decided to put away my bathroom products. I used the cabinet above the mirror to store any makeup I'd brought with me and the shelves to hold my soaps. I didn't own to many products so this also went quite quickly. I mostly hummed to myself while thinking about my new job while doing all of this.

But part of my mind wandered back to Severus. I wasn't necessarily offended that he wasn't eager to chat, just disappointed. We haven't seen each other since we were 18 so it's not like we were extremely close, anymore. It just would've been nice to catch up. I guess it will have to wait for another night. Once I was fully unpacked it was pretty late, I decided to take a brief shower to rinse off, not washing my hair. I had laid out my pajamas before hand.

Once I was getting settled into bed, I looked out of the window to the left of my bed, I had a nice view of the water. As I drifted off to sleep, I remembered my first day here at Hogwarts.

————

Thank you for reading❤️ remember every other chapter is a time switch, so the next chapter will be Ella as a child.