I was furious, furious enough, how can such talented scientists can do such huge mistake.

I had a 4 hour long meeting before taking a leave so that they won't face any problem and also asked them to call me even in case of a minor doubt and these people took such a huge step without even asking.

"Will anyone say anything" I shouted again at them.

"Ma'am..we were doing as per instructions and discussions" One of them said.

"And I clearly remember we decided Hydrobromide and for the proof we have this list" I retorted back while showing them the list of chemicals.

"Ye..yes..Ma'am...you don't need to give proof..act..actually I..it wa...was...." He stuttered.

I took a deep breath and calmed myself down. They are my team and it's my responsibility to amend their mistakes. I should not shout at them.

"Relax everyone... first of all I am very sorry..I shouldn't have shouted at you. Now tell me clearly what had happened" I asked them.

"Ma'am...it's Ms.Jagruti" He said and I thinned my eyebrows in confusion.

"Let me explain Ma'am" Hridan said.

I nodded at him and muttered 'go ahead'

"Ma'am as you were on a leave for one week so Ms.Jagruti was supervising us and her team side by side. So most of the times we were doing ourselves and sometimes Ajiknya Sir would take a round. One day Ms.Jagruti supervised everything and asked us to change the procedure to get more efficient result. We denied her saying that you have already prepared everything and we will prefer going that way but she took it as her insult and complained to Ajinkya Sir without telling the whole matter. Sir warned us to listen to her and she asked us to use Hydroiodide instead of Hydrobromide. We were compelled to do so but we decided to not use a catalyst but this was also her order"

I was shock to the core hearing this. Why did she do this.

I rubbed my forehead in frustration and placed my index finger and thumb on my nose between my eyes.

After a couple of minutes I said.

"We cannot reverse this reaction so now it is useless but store its product after checking all the environmental and chemical conditions. Now do one thing, restart everything according to the procedure we discussed. I will talk to Ajinkya to give us extension of few more days"

They all agreed and left the cabin.

I released a heavy sigh and took my phone.
I opened the call log and was about to call Yash but stopped in the midway.

I can't

Usually during such times I used to call her to calm myself down but now I need to change this habit.

I texted Hridan on team group to prepare a report to show Ajinkya.

I decided to pay a visit to Jagruti to interact with her about her actions.

"Hey!!Avantika, so you're back, Nice..now I don't need to handle and supervise your stupid team" She said immediately as I entered her cabin.

I stood in front of her and crossed my hand on my chest.

I replied "Yes, you surely handled my team so well with your stupidity or did you do it intentionally"

She raised her eyebrows and asked "What are you talking about"

"Take a chill that I am talking otherwise what you did with my team, I can get you fired" I calmly responded.

"Avantika mind you words. I am a senior research scientist here"

"So am I and this is the only reason that I am not taking any action. It's not that I can't take but I am not willing to do so. What you did, you thought you can ruin this experiment and honestly I don't care if it would have been ruined but the matter is of their safety . I can't compromise with their safety. So it's better if you take your any sort of revenge on me than my team"
I gave her the reply and stormed out of her cabin.

On way to my cabin I met Hridan ready with the reports.

I smiled at him and said "So eager to resume and restart the experiment"

"It was our negligence Ma'am and we are with you through every highs and lows that we will face in ths experiment"

I smiled proudly at my supportive team and took steps towards Ajinkya's office.

I got the extension. It was not a difficult task as my team has always proven to be best.

And the day continues.....

_____________________________________________
This was the chapter guys!!

I hope you liked it

Do vote and comment.

Stay safe and healthy!!
👋👋