Standing Against a bully

I found Jenny crying in the hallway after school, her face buried in her hands. My heart sank as I approached her. "Jenny, what's wrong?"
She looked up at me, her eyes red and puffy. "It's Abby. She's been spreading rumors about me, calling me fat and ugly. I can't take it anymore, Jake."
I pulled her into a hug, feeling the anger swelling in my chest. How could Abby be so cruel? "I'm so sorry, Jenny. You don't deserve this. Abby's just a bully."
At cheer practice the next day, I watched as Abby started mocking Jenny's weight in front of the entire squad. "Hey, Jenny, maybe if you lost a few pounds, you could actually do a proper cartwheel," she sneered.
I couldn't stand by and watch anymore. I stepped forward, looking Abby straight in the eye. "Leave her alone, Abby. Your behavior is unacceptable."
The other girls gasped, stunned by my defiance of the squad's queen bee. Abby just smirked at me. "And what are you going to do about it, Jake? You're not even on the squad."
I leaned in and whispered something to Coach Rosella, who listened intently, her brow furrowed with concern. She nodded and called the squad together. "Girls, we need to have a serious talk about bullying."
As Coach Rosella spoke about the importance of kindness and respect, I could feel Abby's glare boring into me. But I didn't care. I knew I was doing the right thing for Jenny.
After practice, Jenny cornered me at her locker, her eyes filled with gratitude. "Jake, I can't thank you enough for standing up for me today. It means the world to me."
I smiled at her, feeling a surge of protectiveness. "I'll always have your back, Jenny. In fact, I'm thinking about trying out for the cheer squad, just to be there for you and show Abby that I won't back down."
Jenny threw her arms around me, hugging me tightly. "You'd do that for me? Oh, Jake, you're the best friend a girl could ask for."
That evening, I approached my mom, Lisa, feeling nervous but determined. "Mom, I want to try out for the cheer squad."
Lisa looked up from her laptop, surprise etched on her face. "Really, Jake? I thought you weren't interested in cheerleading."
I took a deep breath. "I want to do it for Jenny. Abby's been bullying her, and I can't stand by and watch. I want to be there to support her."
Mom's expression softened, and she smiled at me proudly. "That's very brave and kind of you, Jake. Of course, you have my permission. I'll be here to support you every step of the way."
The next day, I gathered my sister Emma and my friends to make the announcement. "I've decided to try out for the cheer squad."
Emma grinned broadly, her eyes sparkling with excitement. "Jake, that's amazing! You're going to be a natural. I've seen your tumbling skills."
Jenny beamed at me, relief and happiness evident on her face. "I can't believe you're doing this for me, Jake. It means so much to have you by my side."
At tryouts, I could feel Abby's scornful gaze on me as I stepped onto the mat. But I pushed my nerves aside and focused on the routine I'd practiced with Emma. I nailed my tumbling passes and hit every step of the choreography.
Coach Rosella smiled approvingly, jotting down notes on her clipboard. "Very impressive, Jake. I can see you have a lot of potential."
When the squad roster was posted, I scanned the list with bated breath. There, at the bottom, was my name. I'd made it.
Abby cornered me in the hallway, her face contorted with rage. "You think you're so clever, don't you, Jake? Well, you better watch your back."
I stood tall, looking her straight in the eye. "I'm not afraid of you, Abby. I'm here to support Jenny and stand up against your bullying. And there's nothing you can do to stop me."
At practice, Abby tried to mock me, but I tuned her out, focusing on learning the routines and perfecting my technique. Coach Rosella praised my dedication and poise under pressure.
News of my addition to the squad spread quickly, and I was surprised by the positive reactions from my classmates. Mike, the quarterback of the football team, even pulled me aside to congratulate me. "Dude, that's awesome that you made the squad. And standing up to Abby like that? Mad respect."
Jenny was over the moon, grateful to have me by her side. "I feel so much stronger with you here, Jake. Abby's power is crumbling, and it's all thanks to you."
Abby's fury was palpable, but she couldn't openly bully us anymore without facing consequences. The squad dynamic had shifted, and I knew I had played a part in that change.
As I faced the upcoming year on the cheer squad, I felt a mix of pride and apprehension. But with Jenny by my side and Coach Rosella's guidance, I knew I was ready to stand up to Abby and anyone else who threatened my friends. Together, we would create a squad built on respect, kindness, and true teamwork.