Chapter 8 : Adam

Growing up was hard for me. With my dad being a total jackass my whole child hood. In elementary school it was really hard to make friends. I found one good friend though. Asher Batton. We had a lot of things in common like we both played the same sports and we both hated reading. We became friends in 4th grade and we were always together. 

That is until the 9th grade. I don't talk about it ever. I didn't even try to fix the problem when it happened. I was so broken. It had happened right after my mother passed. 

Freshman year I had met this girl. She was so beautiful. Well that is what 15 year old me thought. I would always talk to Asher about her. Her name was Elana. I would tell him everything she would say to me and I would talk about how I would want our first date to go. It never occurred to me how much me and Asher were alike. I never knew he liked her. In my defense he would never talk about her. He never said anything. 

It was going great with me and Elana. We texted every night and we talked all of the time at school. It was amazing. Every year for valentines day my school would sell roses that you can anonymously give to other people. I had a whole plan figured out. I was going to tell her it was me who sent one after school, then I was going to ask her to be mine. It was perfect. I couldn't wait. I was jumpy all day and Asher asked what was going on. I didn't what to tell him until she said yes. 

After school I was waiting. I would usually wait with Asher but he wasn't there. That is until I saw them walking out of the school holding hands. She looked me right in my eye. I had to remember what my dad said "Men don't cry."

That night, while being balled up in my room for the rest of the day. I received a message from Elana. She had told me she thought we had something going and that it broke her heart that I didn't get her a rose. I didn't say anything. I couldn't say anything. She went on explaining that Asher had bought her a rose and asked her out at lunch. I makes sense that I didn't find out until now because they had lunch together. 

I wanted to tell her that I did buy her one. I just stared at the three dots that told me she wasn't done. I assume she thought I was embarrassed because the last thing she said was that she wasn't going to say anything to anyone about her feeling toward me. Or the whole conversation she tried to have with me. I was still close with Asher but I never talked about what happened and I never told him about any girl.

"Hi." Emily says with a smile holding out her hand. I watch as he takes her hand and shakes it. 

"How did you guys meet?" Asher says letting go of Emily's hand. He looks over at me with a smile. 

"We-" Emily tries to say but I cut her off.

"Don't you have a game to be warming up for." I say nodding in the direction of his teammates. Asher looks over at me and his eyes become harder. We had stayed good friends over the years. I was not about to give up the one thing good that has happened since forever away. 

Emily looks over at me. Her eyes gave me a mean glare. "You are so fucking rude. I can not believe you did that." She moves my hand off of her legs and crosses her arm over her body. What's funny though is that with the dress she is wearing has a low neck line with her arms crossed like that her tits are smashed together. 

I bring my mouth close to her ear. "Move your arms before I throw you over my shoulder and fuck you against the restroom wall." She looks over at me and her eyes meet mine. I smile and turn my attention over to the game that was about to start. 

Once it was half time and I was starving. "Come on, Baby. I am hungry." I grab her hand and she stands up. I can tell she is in a bad mood and she doesn't protest about standing. We get to the club and i grab my food while Emily goes to the restroom. I know she is very hungry and pissed off at me. She can't be that mad. She doesn't know what happened to me. She will probably understand if i told her. If only it was that easy. She sees me sitting down and makes her way over to me. "What's wrong?" I ask leaning back against the wall.