Chapter 2- "What a way to awake"

Michael had finally caved, picking me up and carrying me to the nurse's office.

Dorothy didn't come along with, because she had a student counsel meeting to get to. Michael sat me down on the bed in the nurse's office, the nurse walked in with a puzzled look "Michael, why are the one bringing Connor to my office? I thought you hated him?" Michael turned around and looked at the dumbfounded nurse.

"I do hate him, but my stupid sister forced me to take him here and apologize when he woke up. Apparently she wants me to be nicer to him, but we all know that's not happening" Michael scoffed, looking back at my unconscious body, he sat in the chair beside the bed. "I already want to punch him right in the lips for his rude ass comment earlier"

The nurse laughed a bit "You do that and I tell the principal you've been bullying that poor kid" Michael sighed "fine... I guess I won't then..." the nurse smiled "good"

I started to awake after hours, I opened my eyes to find Michael sitting there with the nurse bandaging my wounds up, she smiled as I awoke "Ah, good evening, sleepy head, don't worry Michael won't and can't hurt you here. Now why don't you try to move your arm for me?"

I did as told, moving my arm a bit. The nurse chuckled a bit "there you go, I'll get you some ibuprofen  a sugary drink and some food, then you'll be good to go!"

I nodded "thanks, Ms.Maxwell" Ms.Maxwell smiled kindly, before walking off to do as she said she would. Leaving me and Michael alone. It was as awkward as it sounded.

Michael looked at me with a look of annoyance "Look, nerd, I don't want to do this, but... I'm sorry for being a dickhead all these years, I'm saying this because Dorothy forced me to"

I looked at him, stunned a bit, "ummm, I guess... no hard feelings?" Michael just laughed a bit at my confusion "No hard feelings, but I'm still going to bully you, just not as bad, got it?"

I nodded "got it" Michael patted my back a bit and then got up to leave. I was still surprised that Dorothy even got him to do such a thing.

------------------------------------------------------------------

It's been four weeks since then, Michael had been avoiding coming in contact with me, but his "friends" still bullied me. Last week, Aaron, one of Michael's "friends", slammed me into a locker and punched my face until it was black and blue, strangely, Michael stopped him and told him buzz off.

I found it weird, but I didn't object anything, because he was standing up for me, maybe Dorothy had forced him to? Or its just and act of kindness. Either way, it was nice of him.

And from that day onward, my crush started to form, I didn't know why, but his niceness that one week made me obsessed with him. I never had been this obsessed with a boy in my entire life until Michael, but I didn't hate it.

Loving him was an overstatement, but liking him was an understatement. The perfect word for it; obsession. I wasn't in love with or crushing over Michael, I was obsessing over him.