happy birthday to me (part two)

(Lando's POV)

I can't really believe what's happening as we walk down to my yacht. We've gone from enemies, a fake relationship, broken up and then to friends with benefits. Honestly it's so confusing. But we can't be together. We both know it wouldn't work. So at least it will keep us happy this way.

"Ta da" I say gesturing to the yacht. Mabel smiles, "Wow. It's huge!" She says climbing onboard. I chuckle and follow her. "Champagne for Mr Norris" my bartender says handing me a champagne. "Thanks Daniel" I say smiling and grabbing one. "Happy birthday Lando" he says grinning. I smile and pat him on the back, grabbing a champagne for Mabel.

"For me?" Mabel says grinning. I laugh and hand it to her. "Don't forget I know you can't handle your drinks so don't go overboard" I say winking to her. She rolls her eyes and takes it, walking to the front. I follow her leaning over the balcony. "I forgot how beautiful Monaco is." Mabel says softly. "It really is" I say following her eye line. "Are you exited for your party tonight" she asks nudging me. I smile, "Yeah of course. I'm just hoping everyone will get along and we won't have a situation like a week ago" I say raising an eyebrow to her. She rolls her eyes, "Well I'm not your girlfriend this time. So it should be fine" she replies shrugging. Oh yeah. I forgot. She's not even mine. I sigh and walk off, taking a seat on the sofa.

I see a notifications popped up on my phone so I open it.

-BREAKING NEWS-

Lando and Mabel spotted on the Monaco docks! Are these two hotties back together, just in time for Lando's birthday party?!

Brilliant. This is just what I need. I click onto Zak's message.

For fuck sake

For fuck sake. Mabel slides in next to me, "What's up Lands" she says nudging me. I show her the news flash and she rolls her eyes, "The media are so annoying sometimes" she says giggling. I smile and then show her Zak's message. "Well it's fine. We're not going anywhere apart from the Greece towns. I'm sure it will be fine" she says leaning her head on my shoulder. "Yeah." I reply bluntly. She moves her hand down to mine and intertwines our fingers, "Don't let this ruin your birthday. We were having fun" she says giving my hand a squeeze. I lean my head on hers, "It's just so difficult. We can't even hang out without me getting in trouble" I say sighing. She rubs her thumb gently over my hand, "It will be ok. Don't worry" she says softly.