i dont know how to feel

Me and Lando got asked to share an apartment for this race weekend to further the promo of our relationship. So I'm just walking to the apartment now to move in for the weekend. Brill. I knock on the door and he swings it open. "Oh it's you." He says and walks off. I roll my eyes, "Maybe offer to help!" I shout. He sighs and turns back around grabbing my stuff for me. Weird. I didn't expect him to actually. "Oh. Thanks" I say. He shrugs and carries it into the room. "One bed" I say raising my eyebrows. He nods, "You get left side. Don't roll over." He says. I nod and start unpacking. We don't really talk the rest of the night. I walk to the bathroom and get ready for bed before coming out in my pajamas. As I come back to the bedroom, Lando's sat up on his phone. He stares to me for a second. "What?" I ask when his eyes don't rip away. "Nothing" he mumbles. I walk round to my side of the bed and get in, sitting up next to him.

"Go like my instagram." He says scrolling on his phone. No please or thank you. Rude dickhead. I roll my eyes and swipe up onto instagram.

@landonorris

liked by @carlossainz, @annabellefitz, @zakbrown, @mclaren, @redbull, @maxfewtrell, @pietrapilao and 750k others

number one fan.

comments:

@carlossainz Mabel and Lando?!!!
-reply @landonorris you know it.

@mclaren cuties 🥰
-comment liked by @landonorris-

@mercedes the best couple! ❤️
-comment liked by @mabelgreen-

@maxfewtrell aww
-reply @landonorris 😉

@mabelgreen likewise
-reply @landonorris ❤️

"Cheers" lando says yawning. I slide under the covers and lay on my side. The energy has felt weird with us since we went clubbing last week. He's been less. Dickhead. I guess. "Night" I say turning the lamp off. I feel him wriggling beside me and then his hands slip round my waist. He leans his head on my shoulder. "Lando. No paparazzi" I whisper. He sighs, "I'm tired and it's more comfortable." He says. "Ok fine just this once" I say sulking and dozing off to sleep.

____________________________________________________________________

We both hear an alarm blaring. I open my eyes. Oh my god. When did we sleep like this. I'm laying facing him. One of his arms is wrapped around me and the other holding my leg over his chest. "LANDO" I shout. He slurs awake, "Jesus. I could deal with the snoring but don't shout in the morning" he groans. I slap his hand off me, "Oh shit my bad" he says chuckling. "Why did we sleep like this?" I ask him. He opens his eyes and groans, "I don't know mate. We just fell asleep. Calm down" he says rolling his eyes and turning over, moving his hands off me. I feel empty without his touch. Oh god. These feelings can't be rising from this. For fuck sake. I roll out of bed. "We need to be at the paddock for Media in an hour." Lando says yawning. I look at him, "An hour? Are you kidding?!" I shout.

"Oh cmon I would've set an earlier alarm forgetting your a women" he says rolling over. I throw a pillow at him, "Fuck you. I'll be ready in half an hour." I say scrambling to the bathroom. I start to get ready and thank god. Manage to finish by 10:30. I walk to the kitchen and grab a coffee. "Hurry up then. I can't be late!" I shout. Lando strolls out with absolute bed hair. "No. I'm not letting you leave with that hair. Come here" I say. He rolls his eyes and walks towards me, I grab a hairbrush out my bag. When I stand back up his aftershave hits me. Surely it's a crime for him to actually smell nice. "Im guessing you like my new aftershave" he says laughing. "Piss off." I groan brushing his hair down. He looks into my eyes as I brush his hair. "What?" I say. He smiles, "Your eyes are actually a pretty colour" he says.

Surely this isn't happening. I hit him. "Lando. Stop. We're not friends. We're faking this. YOU HATE ME" I shout putting the hairbrush down. "Whatever" he says rolling his eyes. We walk in silence to the car and get in. I pull up my phone, brilliant we have 15 minutes until Media starts. Annabelle's sent me a list of the drivers I'm in the media rooms with. "For fuck sake" I hiss under my breath. Lando raises his eyebrows at me, "What now?" He asks. "We're in for media together. For an hour." I say rolling my eyes. Lando scoffs, "Fuck sake" he says.

When we finally get to the paddock, I rush off. Already late. Why isn't lando coming quicker. Annabelle races up to me, "Mabel. Cmon we need to go!" She says guiding me through. "I know I'm so sorry" I say. Lando's strolling behind us eating a breakfast bar. Brilliant. We walk into the interview room and I sit down on the far side. Lando sits right next to me, "Go away" I hiss at him. "Babe. Were here together. Just smile and stop being a dick" he says softly. Oh fuck the cameras. He's right. He slides an arm round my waist as an interview stands up.

"So I have a question for Lando. When did you go from your hatred with Mabel to dating her?" He asks. Brilliant. "Well I only ever teased Mabel because I liked her, and we got together one night and it was the best night of my life. So I decided. I had to make her mine" Lando says kissing my cheek. I know he's lying but that sounds too convincing. The interviewer nods and sits down. "I have a question for Mabel" a woman says standing up. I smile to her, "You said few weeks ago that Lando was an 'intolerable asshole' is this still true to you?" She asks. Oops I did say that. Of course it's come back to bite me in the bum now. "You said that?" Lando asks. "No. I was feeling angry after the race. You can't expect drivers to say nice things all the time. We are competitive" I say slamming down the rumour. The interviewer nods and sits down.

The next hour, Lando feels off with me. More off than usual. But we push through the media questions until our break. He stands up and walks off, I smile to the interviews and follow him. "Lando what is your problem?" I say pulling his arm to me. "You think I'm an intolerable asshole. I'm not Mabel. We don't get on. Never have. That's why I'm cold to you. But I'm not a bad person. Don't sit and paint me out to be to everyone else. Especially our fans" he shouts getting angry. This is the first time I've seen him really hurt by something I've said. "Oh. I. Lando I'm sorry" I say genuinely. He scoffs, "No cameras drop that act" he says. I sigh, "Lando. Look. I know we're not friends. But I am sorry. I didn't meant to paint you that way to the fans" I say truthfully. I really didn't mean to. I guess we both got so caught up in the argument.

He nods and sits down. "I'm sorry for what I've said to you in the past." He says sighing and rubbing his forehead. "It's fine. We were just mad at each other" I say sitting beside him. "What happened to us Mabel?" Lando asks. I shake my head, "What do you mean?" I ask. "We used to be best friends." He says sighing.

What happened was.. A few years ago, I was at Lando's house and we were just chilling and watching TV. And then I got a phone call that he'd made to my boyfriend at the time. That I cheated on him with Lando. It never happened. But it ruined my relationship with my ex and my friends started to distance from me. When I confronted him about it, all he could say was, "Your a slag you'll find a new boyfriend. Don't stress it". And that's where our friendship ended and our fights begun.

"What happened was you lied to Tye." I say not meeting his eyes. He sighs. "I'm sorry about that. I've never apologised before. But it was wrong of me." He says. "It's fine" I reply. I don't know where this leaves us. We've never been best friends since. And we've never really been friends either. It was always more of a convenience friendship. But hearing him. Sit and apologise. It's weird.