(08) you are in love

★・・・・・・★ ・・・・・・★

once they fully calmed down from the events of today, she turned her head to face him, a huge, gummy smile plastered on her face.

mattia subconsciously smiled back, "what?" he said, confusion lacing his voice.

"you have a framed picture of me." she smiled so wide it physically hurt.

"it's of us, actually." he corrected.

"you have a framed picture of me!" she laughed. she wasn't asking fun of him or anything. she was genuinely happy. chris wouldn't even make her his wallpaper, and this man has a framed picture of her.

"hey, des?" mattia started. "can you show me your lockscreen real quick?"

the smile on her face instantly dropped. she went to grab her phone that was on the bedside table next to her, but mattia went to grab it first.

as he was still hovering over her, he checked her lockscreen. with a teasing smirk on his face, he showed her her own lockscreen.

"i know my phone, mattia." she rolled her eyes.

"i may have a picture of US sleeping, but you have a picture of ME." he smiled cockily. "it's just me in this photo, des. it's a quite recent photo as well. happened within the past two years, i think."

"yeah, well, yours is framed!" she defended.

mattia's eyebrows flew upwards in astonishment, "you just have to be right constantly, don't you?"

"of course." she shrugged. when she shrugged, and her shoulders brushed mattia's hands because he was quite literally hovering above her with both hands on either side of her shoulders, she realized that he was HOVERING ABOVE HER.

mattia must've realized as well because he moved slightly to the left, to get off her when he doubled back. he leant in and kissed her.

"i can't do this anymore, des." he whispered, their noses touching from how close they are.

"do what?" she asked cluelessly.

"pretend i'm not hopelessly in love with you." he confessed. "pretend like i haven't been so obsessed with you since we were 16."

"then you should do something about it, i think." she tilted her head to the side teasingly.

instead of resting on his hands, he was now resting on his forearms, and caressing her face with his hands.

"you make me crazy, destiny." he said, smiling slightly. "you've completely consumed me. me and my thoughts. all of me. you are all i see even when i close my eyes, even when i'm dreaming."

she cupped his face, and pulled him in to kiss him. "ever think about being a poet?"

"i thought about it once or twice." he joked, laying down on his side so that they were now facing each other.

"des, i really care for you, you know." he said.

"i do too." she nodded.

"before we actually make anything official, i'm giving you a chance to back out. i won't be upset if you do."

"why would i?" she asked, furrowing her eyebrows in confusion.

"messing people up is literally in my genes." he said. "my dad messed my mom up so bad she felt like she had no choice but to leave. i don't wanna do that to you."

"you aren't him, though." she reasoned. "you may look like him, but that doesn't mean you have his heart. you're deadass the most kindhearted person i know. this mean guy persona doesn't mean shit to me. i know who you are. you are who i fell in love with, it doesn't make sense for me to just leave."