t h r e e

Saturday arrived way faster than I would've appreciated. Today was the first tutoring session with Hyunjin. It was 9:00 am right now, which meant he would be here in an hour. I finally got out of bed and lightly cleaned up my room so Hyunjin wouldn't be greeted by a mess. I freshened up and changed my clothes, mentally preparing myself for the two hours of torture known as tutoring.

After a little while, there was a soft knock at my bedroom door "can I come in?"

"Come in" I recognized Hyunjin's voice and sat up on my bed. He opened my door and walked inside, setting a small plastic bag down on my study table. "I brought breakfast"

My hungry ass ran over as soon as I heard the word 'breakfast.' He chuckled and took a plastic container out of the plastic bag, along with some plastic spoons and forks.

"It's just leftovers, but I know you like stir fry so," he lightly smiled. I sat on my computer chair and almost immediately started eating. He pulled out my old gaming chair from a corner and sat down next to me.

"Don't eat all of it! Save some for me, too" He quickly got out another pair of utensils and started eating with me. I'm actually beyond grateful he brought breakfast, my grumbling stomach wouldn't be a good sound to set the mood for the tutoring session.

And before I can even blink, the food is gone in under 10 minutes.

"Someone was hungry" He giggled, putting the plastic container back in the bag before setting it down on the floor. "But no getting distracted, we have a lot to learn today. Get your books out." I nod and get my textbook and notebook out, as well as a pink mechanical pencil and ferret eraser.

"You have a physics test coming up right? I'll help you prepare for that." he opened my notebook to a clean page and put the date at the top. "And pay attention, I don't like repeating myself"

And within only twenty five minutes, I was dozing off, daydreaming about Jungkook. The gibberish he was spouting wasn't making any sense. He had all the examples written down neatly in my notebook, but even then it didn't make sense.

"He's so hot.." I mumble out my thoughts, staring at the photocard that was being held up by a stack of books.

"Are you even paying attention?" I was awoken by a flick on my forehead.

"Yeah?" I defended myself, even though I knew I was completely zoned out.

"Oh yeah? Then solve this" He pointed to one of the problems he wrote out, handing me the pencil. I took it from his hand and stared at the problem.

"This can't be that hard, right?" I say under my breath as I keep staring at the problem.

"Go on" he leaned back in the chair, folding his arms and glaring at me.

"Okay, I knew you would get it wrong but how are you this far off?" he repeatedly blinked, looking between me and the notebook.

"Beats me" I shrug, sighing.

"Looks like I'll have to repeat everything I just said" He groaned "there's still an hour left."

"No use, you sounded like you were speaking another language."

"How about this, then" he says, tilting his head. "If you pay attention for the next hour and are able to solve the last three problems, I'll buy you a plushie." My ears perk up instantly at the mention of a plushie. If you just took one look at my bed, you would know how much I love them. I sat up straight and hold the pencil in my head

"Well then, there's no time to waste right?"

. . .

And soon the hour was over, and all the last problems were solved correctly. I paid close attention while he was explaining, making sure to jot a few notes of my own just in case I forget. Who knew a small motivation factor could work so well? He checked over my work one more time before smiling.

"They're all right, good job JiJi" he patted me on the head, smirking. I move my head and glare at him.

"The plushie you promised?"

"Right, let's go" He got up from the chair and stretched his arms and legs before putting his hoodie back on. I slip on my crocs as well as a pink hoodie, following him out.

"You better be grateful, JiJi. This wasn't part of my contract" Hyunjin spoke, shoving his hands in his pockets. We reached the small shop near my house, where I usually get plushies from. I roam around for a little bit, looking like a little kid lost in a candy store. I find a cute strawberry Hello Kitty plushie and grab it from the shelf.

"This one" I handed it to him.

"Cute" he says before taking it from my hands

"Cute" he says before taking it from my hands. "Wait outside while I pay for it" I nod and skip out of the store, waiting for him.

3rd person POV

"I'm sorry sir, but your card declined" The cashier spoke. He tried again, but it wouldn't go through. He was thinking about dropping it and saying that it wasn't available, but he took one look at the girl outside the store, who was running around playing Pokemon Go. He sighed and took out his wallet.

"I'll pay in cash"