Chapter 2

School library.

Nobody was there except Jacob and his childhood friend Kyle, who bunked their geography class to talk on the matter related to Agnes. Jacob was telling him the whole story, and Kyle was patiently and carefully listening to him. Once Jacob was done, Kyle surprisingly asked, "Is this what happened?"

"Yes. It has been a week since this incident. I don't know what to do." Jacob got worried.

"I think you should talk about it. Just give it a try."

"I tried. After one day of that incident, I went to his door but had no guts to ring the doorbell. And the same continued all the other days. I am anxious about what he might be thinking about me?"

"He might be not thinking anything. Don't worry. Well, if you want, I can help you with and talk to him about dating."

"Kyle you are such a great friend but I don't feel right to tangle up you up in this matter. I think I must get rid of the mess I made and take responsibility of my sister's feelings."

"If you think so, I am ok with it. Umm...if you want I can walk with you to his home to solve the matter. I will not speak a word, just you be doing it. I will be there for just mutual support." Kyle comforted.

Jacob did agree to this. That evening after school both went to Ken's door. As per the plan Jacob was there to talk and Kyle to support him. They rang the bell. Ken did open the door, he was in pajamas. It seemed as if he was sleeping he rubbed his eyes and was surprised to see Jacob at his door.

At first, Jacob could not make himself look in his eyes but then he did. And when he did he got flashbacks of the incident which made him nervous. He was sweating. A lot was going on in his mind he was in a dilemma about whether to speak or not. If yes then what.

Kyle standing next, shook him and asked him to speak. But he was very anxious he wanted to speak but words were not coming. He was turning red and his feet were shivering. He turned away and ran from there with tears in his eyes. Kyle too ran after him but then lost.

Jacob was running too fast and was continuously wiping his tears. He went too far from home. He wanted to disappear and get lost in a world where nobody recognized him. I am not a good brother, I failed, and I am worthless. With all the negative thoughts in mind, he bumped into someone and fell apart.

"Ah...I am sorry." Jacob apologized while rubbing his forehead.

"It's ok." An old lady covered with a dirty black coat with a careful purple color embroidery on it accepted his apology. And helped him to stand on his feet. Jacob lifted his head to look at her face.

"I think I know you." Jacob guessed and was trying to recall it. He rubbed his chin. And very second his eyes went on a black hat that was lying next to her left feet.

"Is this your hat?" He bent down to pick it up. And when he did his eyes went on to a side bag which she was wearing. It had a purple embroidery of a flower. He noticed a book in it. He could see only the purple border of the cover.

"Do you want to have a look at this book?" That old lady asked while pointing to the book.

Jacob had no idea what and how to respond but then something clicked in his mind.

"Oh, I remember! You are that lady whom I helped near the station to cross the road!" Jacob exclaimed.

"Yes I am, you finally remember. You got a good memory." The old lady smiled.

She continued the conversation "Well, that day I had nothing to give you as a reward but today I have." Before she could finish she got interrupted by Jacob.

"Oh, I don't want anything. I think anyone would have done that."

"Nope there were a lot of people on that day but no one volunteered themselves to help me. I think you deserve it. Please allow me." That old lady requested.

Jacob felt something fishy but still, he accepted her request. The old lady took out a thick book from her bag and handed it to Jacob. The book cover was black with a purple design on it. What made Jacob suspicious about her was the title. Talking To Devil.

"Can you please tell me what is this book about?" Jacob asked, giving a strange expression.

"It is given in the title itself." She smirked.

Jacob couldn't understand what to do next. He was regretting his life. It is a strange day. I wish I had not run too far or bumped into this strange lady.

"I think you should go back to your home now. It is getting dark." She interrupted Jacob.

Jacob turned away without saying a word and walked away. After barely ten steps when he looked back, there was no sign of anyone's existence. He could not see that old lady. This all made him anxious and he ran away.

After running to some distance he saw Kyle who was searching for something in the dustbin. He ran to him with an urge to tell him about the incident but then he paused guessing that he would end up bothering him. He needed to hide the book as he did not want Kyle to see it, but where? He had nothing to cover. At last, he planned to hide it in his t-shirt. He presumed it was going to be a failure as the books were thick but he had no other option. Well, to his surprise when he finally hid in his T-shirt he felt as if it got absorbed or disappeared as it took the shape of t-shirt. He checked on the book while placing his hand inside the T-shirt he could feel it.

He was finally ready to walk to Kyle and so he did. "What you were searching in the bin? " Jacob was curious.

"You!" Kyle was exhausted.

"Me?"

"Yes. Why you didn't talk and run like that?" Kyle was annoyed.

"I am sorry about it. I will not repeat it. Let's walk to home."
Kyle agreed. He dropped Jacob before heading to home.

It was around ten. Jacob after finishing his dinner went to his room and took out the book which he got as a reward. He went through it. The book mentioned various methods to summon the demon to fulfill one's demand. With a warning that they might ask for something in return.

He closed the book after reading it. And threw it in his suitcase to make it out of reach to his family and went back to bed with regret of meeting that lady. He was trying hard to sleep but he couldn't. As he was figuring out how to get rid of the book. Well, during the process an idea struck his mind around the midnight.