Chapter Three

!!!WARNING!!!

THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS EXPLICIT LANGUAGES

!!YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!

"CODE RED!! I REPEAT! CODE RED!!"

"ALPHA OF THE SKY!!! GET READY! DEFEND OUR TERRITORY, THE LAND BY THE CLIFF, TOR!!!"

The captain empowered his authorities and ordered his battalion to commence the troops, defending their lands, and protecting his people.

.

.

.

[Present]

XX-MAY-XXXX

The gray-black mist floats through the sky and fills the horizon with ash, running on land feels like running on harsh gray lifeless sand with an empty road ahead, no destination to be found, no soul to encounter, not even a single present of any floral arise from the untainted gray soil. 

A full view of the surrounding landscape slowly collapses from bricks by bricks, crumbles by crumbles of hard roofs, and the no-longer standing wall of ceilings, high wall of storey after storey continuously falls like an unstoppable flow of snowstorm atop the mountain peak, as if the impact of the bombing force is powerful enough to devour and left no crumbs, not even a single ant can escape this unreservable will of power.

A little girl amidst the soon-to-be black smoke, running with her bare feet as her shoes were torn and ugly, tainted as she kept running till they fell off, lost to the crumbling dirt.

By the time Noviera arrives at her village, the sight that greets her becomes so foreign like the new horrible world just emerged. The path to her home turns out to be a new misery, full of adventure, layer upon layer of rock from buildings, and broken unrecognizable roofs from some family's home, become an obstacle to her path, like an intrusion to her only journey back, an intervention of her family's warmth embrace, to the only place she called home.

Noviera, a girl who likes quiet places, but not this type of quietness, she likes to be alone, but not this type of loneliness, when all she feels is her present, all she hears is her breathing, and all the smoke is no longer polluted but deafening, the black smoke dancing and evaporated in the air is too loud and too clear for the girl's blurry vision with the eyes that full of tears. In tattered clothed, distorted nasty hairs, wet eyes, and tears that can't be stopped, just like a lost squirrel in an unknown place of vast inhabited land.

"ELLA!!!!"

"ELLAAA!!!!"

"MOMMM!!! DADDD!!!"

"ELLA!!"

"WHERE ARE YOU GUYS????", Noviera sobbed harshly, she screamed and yelled but her voice couldn't seem to reach anybody's ears.

"PLEASE! DON'T HIDE FROM ME!!", She couldn't take it anymore, couldn't accept the fact that just happened, when everything was too sudden, too hurry, even for the wind to sense it.

"PLEASE! DON'T ABANDON ME!!! ELLAAA! , MOM! DAD!!", she screamed her lungs out, hoping someone would hear and get mad, hoping Emuela would come running and yelling back, telling her to keep it down, snap at her saying she is crazy.

"I don't want to be left again..hik..hik..he........please...plea..see.."

"..." Nothing. Quietly isolated.